Uses for white miso paste?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I bought some white miso paste that I got so I could make miso soup. What else can I do with the miso paste?

Do a web search on "white miso recipes" & you'll find dozens & dozens of recipes using it. Everything from different soups, to vegetable dishes, sauces, even a roast lamb dish from Food and Wine magazine. A very interesting selection that I plan to return to & do some copying/pasting myself, since I also have a container of miso in the fridge that I'd like to use for more than just Japanese soups.

Shiromiso can be used all around for a flavoring agent, if you like miso. It is a root flavor for a LOT of Japanese stuff.

And Breezy has got it, there are NO shortages of stuff out there to experiment with. Play around and let us know what you come up with, GB!

Salad dressing
Glaze for salmon

It's also an ingredient you can hit most any savory food up with to increase UMAMI. Soy sauce, miso, worcestershire sauce are all good that way.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

IC I have neither made nor heard of misoyaki, but after a quick Google I see what it is and I have to say that sounds like an interesting way to go.

I love raw salmon, but cooked salmon is not something I really enjoy. I think I am going to give it another shot with miso though. It sounds like it goes together quite well and I would love to find a cooked salmon dish I like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom