"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #51
Senior Cook

I eat ALL veggies -- yes, even Brussels sprouts! I never eat raw fish -- definitely a home for wormy parasites. Also, Velveta cheese -- great for wallpaper paste!

Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Bugs, companion animals, anything still squirming.
that's pretty much it for me too. sort of like whatever andrew zimmern eats.

i saw him eat a 3 week old fertilized duck egg the other day.

it looked like a slimey baby duck all curled up and crammed in a shell, pin feathers and all.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #53
Head Chef

There's not much I don't like. I loathe beef liver. If I was stranded with nothing to eat but liver I would surely die. Ditto for beets. I also can't stand Atlantic/farmed salmon, although I'll happily eat wild caught King, Sockeye, Coho, etc.

Veggie wise I don't like squash. Sure, I love zucchini & yellow squash as well as spaghetti squash but I dislike butternut, acorn, etc. Same for sweet potatoes, I'll pass. I can eat lima beans but I don't really like them much, too dry. And I don't like radishes, either. There's another category for me, too: Stuff I like cooked that I don't like raw. This definitely includes carrots, broccoli and (to a lesser degree) cauliflower. The latter two are fine with some dip but I don't ever like carrots raw save just a few shreds in a salad. I love cabbage cooked but I don't like it raw except as coleslaw.

There are just a few fruits I don't care for. Raw mango does nothing for me, just don't like the texture or flavor. And I dislike honeydew and cantaloupes, too.

I guess that sounds like a lot of stuff when I list it! But realistically that's almost everything I can name that I don't like. Even as a kid I liked most of the "nasty" stuff- broccoli, cabbage, turnips, peas, brussel sprouts,etc.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 AM   #54
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyCooks View Post
I eat ALL veggies -- yes, even Brussels sprouts! I never eat raw fish -- definitely a home for wormy parasites. Also, Velveta cheese -- great for wallpaper paste!
Hmmm ... I guess the Hawaiian ahi poke we had for dinner the night before last isn't something I'd make for you?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

here's a good list of things i wouldn't eat:
(except for the lunch meat)

7 foods for the fearless eater - food - TODAY.com

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #56
Head Chef

Most sea food
Old Ham
Blue, Feta or Goat Cheese
Garlic infused Turkey Dinner
Grilled leafy veggies
I am sure there is more, but this is the things that come to mind at the moment.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I have food touching rules as well. Runny things need to be contained in their own bowl. Gravy can touch the meat and potatoes, and stuffing, but it can't touch the sweet potato, cranberry etc. I will often eat those two things separately. Cole slaw running all in my fried chicken is a no go! Cranberry stained potatoes, heck no!

In a restaurant, I will often have small bits of food left on the plate that are "contaminated". I too feel silly about this, but just don't want to eat them. When people mix together their entire plate and just shovel it in, I just look away... Don't even get me started on shepard's pie!
I love shepherds pie, but would never make my own with the ingredients on my plate. It must be served as shepherds pie, not mixed together by me on my plate. In my family that was playing with your food.

Kathleen, do you eat peas, corn?
Is it OK to use other food as a "backstop" to help you get them onto your spoon or fork? Or are you a fork in one hand, knife in the other person? I've been known to use two pieces of flatware, but that is because I eat one thing at a time and veggies are last. There's nothing left to help them onto my sppon
And if you are ever in my area you might as well skip eating a big breakfast in a diner, as the bacon is typically layed across one or two other food items,
Old 12-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #58
Chef Extraordinaire

I stay away from Zimmerman's show, BT.
I even stopped watching Survivor Man. It got to be how many bugs could Bear eat and how much of his own urine could he drink. He sensationalized his intake too much.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:05 AM   #59
Executive Chef

Collards.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #60
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Hmmm ... I guess the Hawaiian ahi poke we had for dinner the night before last isn't something I'd make for you?
Me! Me! Pick Me! Pick Me! I'd love to have some of your Hawaiian ahi poke, whatever that is.

I'll poke your poke down my neck! Raw ahi, no problem!

Something I'd never want to see on MY plate? That's a tuff one for me; I eat almost anything.

I saw a show once where a bunch of people sat around a round table and a poor little monkey's head was secured in the hole. Then they beat on its head until it died and cut it's head open and ate it's brains.

That's one I'll never have. That's just sick. Sick, sick, sick.

Anyone who would do that has no morals, no compassion and a cold, hard heart. Truly, "Psycos are us" stuff.