Originally Posted by AllenOK
I think they had the heat up to high for those marshmallows. I've used chocolate fountains for a couple years, and never had a problem with marshmallows melting.
This fountain was in the middle of a new grocery store grand opening for the whole community to see. They were not trying to sell chocolate or fountains. They were trying to sell bakery goods!
I think marshmallows start to disintegrate when they hit cold jello. It is best not to serve marshmallows with your chocolate fountain if you are going to be wearing a Wedding dress or Tuxedo. Maybe I should have said the warm chocolate was enough to melt a marshmallow!
Think s'mores and I think you will understand how little it takes to melt a marshmallow.