"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Food and Cooking Gear Reviews

Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Arby's Ultimate Angus Philly review.....

This is the latest idea from Arby's that has been in the commercials for the past couple weeks.

One sandwich cost 5.19....

The sandwich included juicy, lean premium Angus beef topped off with fire-roasted onions and peppers, melted Swiss and tasty aioli spread.

I say it tasted really good. Nice flavor. Good amount of meat.

I would give this fast food product a big thumbs up..

Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Executive Chef

I've had it. Being from western New York, I was not impressed. We only have two Arby's in the entire county, one is 10 miles from my house and the other is 25 miles from my house so it's not worth the trip. I have a Great Central Steak and Hoagie within a few blocks of my house, and they make authentic cheesesteaks. They're on a 12-inch crusty roll, you can get them with tomato sauce and onions or with lettuce, tomato and either mayonnaise or oil and vinegar, mushrooms and/or bell peppers, and they cost about 8 bucks with tax.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I've had it. Being from western New York, I was not impressed. We only have two Arby's in the entire county, one is 10 miles from my house and the other is 25 miles from my house so it's not worth the trip. I have a Great Central Steak and Hoagie within a few blocks of my house, and they make authentic cheesesteaks. They're on a 12-inch crusty roll, you can get them with tomato sauce and onions or with lettuce, tomato and either mayonnaise or oil and vinegar, mushrooms and/or bell peppers, and they cost about 8 bucks with tax.
Mom and pop places will 99% of the time trump any corp fast food chain.

I am bummed that Arbys is going out of business. Hopefully, some of the favorites will end up at Wendys. I dig the heck out of the loaded potato bites, and for a roast beef sammich on the fly, Arbys does it. Oh, and curly fries. Mi gusta.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post

I am bummed that Arbys is going out of business. Hopefully, some of the favorites will end up at Wendys. I dig the heck out of the loaded potato bites, and for a roast beef sammich on the fly, Arbys does it. Oh, and curly fries. Mi gusta.
I don't believe they are actually going out of business.

Wendy's used to own a minority share of Arby's, but they sold it off this year. Arby's has since installed a new Chairman, and they seem to be going forward without the Wendy's connection. Basically, they got a divorce, but no one died.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Executive Chef

I hope they don't go out of business. I like the original Arby's, and when I am in the neighborhood of either one in my county I will stop in and pick up a few ginormous roast beef sandwiches, eat one when I get home and bag the rest individually for later enjoyment. I have a deep fryer to make fries and an assortment of beverages from water to sodas to beer to wine, so all I need is the sandwich. I even have coffee flavoured ice cream and chocolate syrup so I can make my own Jamocha shakes!