ISO Corn and Spinach casserole recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allioop108

Assistant Cook
Hello and maybe someone can help me find a recipe. Many many years ago I attended a cook out where everyone contributed some dish. Someone had some sort of casserole that was made from corn kernals and spinich, creamed spinich I'm guessing. Whatever it was it was absolutely delicious but by the time I went back for seconds it was all gone. I never did find the creator of that dish so I never got the recipe. Has anyone here heard of such a dish and have a recipe for it? Thanks in advance.

Allen

WOW that recipe looks yummy. Found a recipe for garlic chicken at another site that sounds like it would go hand in hand with the spinach and corn casserole and next time we have family gathering, will be making both. Thank you CharlieD.

You beat me to the punch, Charlie. That's the same recipe I have in my files, though it's from another source. Looks like a good link...I've bookmarked it to check out further.

In allthe truth I do not like to post links to untested recipes. But the question was so, well, uncertain, I did not think person would mind.

It sounds good, so I will be testing it out in the next few months and I promise NOT to hold it against you if it is a flub. :)

both creamed corn and creamed spinach are readily available...put em together and see if it's simmilar. Or make creamed spinach and add corn, or the buy creamed corn and add chopped spinach. One of those three is bound to be close.

Finally tried that spinach and corn recipe. Can't say if its the same as what I was looking for but it was certainly very good. Still welcoming other variations. Thanks

Allen

this one

538722 betty's corn and spinach casserole
Categories: Casseroles Vegetables
Yield: 6 servings
¼ c Chopped onion
1 tb Butter
3 c Fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 Eggs, beaten
½ c Milk
1 ts Salt
¼ ts Freshly ground pepper
1 tb White wine vinegar
½ lb Fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
2 tb Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ lb Smoked bacon slices
¼ c Dried bread crumbs
Butter an 8" square cake pan or 1 1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle chopped onion in the pan. Add corn kernels. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper. Mix eggs with milk and pour over the corn. In a bowl, add vinegar, salt and pepper to chopped spinach and toss until well seasoned. Place spinach mixture on top of corn. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with bacon slices. Top with bread crumbs and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Excellent served with roast veal, pork, pheasant, or chicken. Serves 6. MICROWAVE: Cook, covered in your microwave for 15 minutes. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Submitted By BARRY WEINSTEIN On 03-19-95

Back
Top Bottom