Swiss Chard and Potatoes Recipe TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
We're members of a CSA again this year so I'm being forced (in a really good way!) to cook with some veggies that I normally wouldn't buy. This past week's box included a large bunch of swiss chard, something I haven't worked with much at all. This turned out wonderfully!

Swiss Chard and Potaotes

1 bunch red or green Swiss chard, stems removed, rinsed and chopped fine
1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 c thinly sliced boiled potatoes
2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook until veggies are soft. Add chopped Swiss chard and stir until it wilts, then cover pan and let it steam for another 5 minutes or so.

Spray a 9x13" baking dish with non-stick spray and cover bottom with 1/2 of the chard mix. Cover the mixture with half of the potatoes and top the potatoes with 1/2 of the cheese. repeat the 3 layers, finishing w/ the cheese.

Bake at 350 until golden and bubbly.

Here's another idea, if you have more chard left: Cut it up roughly, heat some olive oil and chopped garlic in a saute pan, saute the chard, add S&P to taste, and finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

Sounds good. I always like to have different recipes for swiss chard as I try to eat it on a regular basis, since it is quite healthy.

:) I love swiss chard and kale I have cooked it alot. You can do kale and chard as you would any cooked spinach recipe. Great in soups as well.

Wow, that sounds fabulous, PA!

Copied and saved - thanks!

What do think of the idea of mixing it all together, including the cheese, then baking, instead of layers?

Lee

What do think of the idea of mixing it all together, including the cheese, then baking, instead of layers?

Lee

I think it would work fine. Mine ended up getting pretty mixed together when we served it. But baked this way, it reminded me a lot of potatoes au gratin. You could probably even used those fresh diced or shredded refrigerated potatoes that you find in the coolers at the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom