Burger sauce recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, you're right. And the corn flour too, I imagine.

But it does list parsley as a thickener, which is interesting.
Yup. I read it three of four times, and it definitely says xantham gum and parsley as thickener, not just parsley as an ingredient. I was wondering if the modified corn flour was helping thicken too.

I bet the mayo and ketchup have some of the dreaded preservatives.

You wouldn't call sweet pickle relish very natural if you had to get the stuff we get here. It's dayglo green. :ohmy:

The only sweet pickle relish and ketchup I use is homemade, so it is natural. I do use store bought mayo but, according to the package, the only ingredients are canola oil, pasteurized eggs, water, honey, vinegar, salt, dry mustard, and lemon juice concentrate. Sounds pretty natural to me.

The only sweet pickle relish and ketchup I use is homemade, so it is natural. I do use store bought mayo but, according to the package, the only ingredients are canola oil, pasteurized eggs, water, honey, vinegar, salt, dry mustard, and lemon juice concentrate. Sounds pretty natural to me.
And in Heinz Ketchup the worst sounding ingredient, to me, is the HFCS:

INGREDIENTS: TOMATO CONCENTRATE FROM RED RIPE TOMATOES, DISTILLED VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, IODIZED SALT, SPICE, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORING.

And in Heinz Ketchup the worst sounding ingredient, to me, is the HFCS:

INGREDIENTS: TOMATO CONCENTRATE FROM RED RIPE TOMATOES, DISTILLED VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, IODIZED SALT, SPICE, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORING.

Simply Heinz Ketchup does not contain any HFCS. Check it out. :angel:

If you click the little "nutritional info" pic on the left, it gets big enough to read the ingredients, etc.

Heinz | 57 Burger Sauce

I would use some tomato paste, yogourt, mustard, minced shallots, Worcestershire, onion and garlic powders, and fish sauce. I doubt the lack of tamarind will make a large difference. HP sauce has tamarind and claims to be to have no artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives. Heinz | HP Brown Sauce
If tamarind is unavailable try a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Tamarind has that sort of sour taste and before tamarind was widely available in the UK recipes for curries and other Indian dishes used to suggest it

Back
Top Bottom