Will You join us in a Swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking a dinners worth of spice blend/rub ect would be pretty easy to manage as well as keep us in weight range.
As Luvs had said to me in a PM 5-7 Tablespoons sounds pretty good!

Gannerio I will PM you the details so you may join in....thank you for your interest!:chef:

As soon as my crazy daughter goes to bed I will write out a run down of all the info just so we are on the same page!

:)

OK so heres the run down.....

Everyone participating, can send in their samples and then I will in turn send them out to everyone collectively once received to completion. You will need to include the following:
:question: numbered amount of a single dinners worth of seasoning blend, rub, dip mix, or dry ingredients only of a marinade in a ziplock baggie (I will keep you updated on the final number of participants so you know how much to send in)
Note: if you are sending in the dry ingredients for a marinade please be sure to include instructions on what wet ingredients and measurments are needed to complete the marinade.

Also include a list of ingredients and instuctions for each recipient on how the person may make more of your spice blend/rub/dip or marinade in the future!

And a return large envelope that is addressed to you and pre-postaged to send collected spice samples back to you.

Please ship them by the first week of OCT so we may get them back out to you in a timely manner.
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to PM me!!:mrgreen:

As of now the participants that have replied are:
Kitchenelf
Luvs
Lelfslove
Dina
Callisto
Grilling Fool
Mickey_72
Granniero
David H.
And me of course deelady

We still of course welcome any more participants...the MORE the Merrier!!:mrgreen:

I have a good BBQ rub I could send. I usually mix it up in an old Parmesan bottle. One batch goes a long way.

Well, if you want, I will be the hub.
I ship about 50 packages a week, just had 100 Priority mail envelopes delivered,
go to the post office about 4 times a week and print my own postage.
(I sell on ebay.)

If we agree to pay for Priority Mail Flat Rate, and all we are shipping are ziplocks of
spices, they will easily fit, and the Rate is good for up to 4 pounds, so no problems
there. My previous post wasn't clear about that. Flat Rate Pri is $4.80 up to 4 pounds
if you use the Flat Rate Envelope.

deelady, if you are the hub, you can order Priority mail envelopes, delivered to your door, free of charge here:
Product: Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope
Order the quantity you want; they are not bundled in 10s like it says! (At least when I order 10 I get 10, not 100.)

I was planning on botteling mine up in these small shakers they sell at Cost Plus World Market for 50 cent each. They are a great size for giving away. I can't wait to go get the stuff I will need and to decide on a blend.:chef:
I was telling the man about this idea. He told me to bottle that sauce I made for the chicken teriyaki that I made up. Sticky/icky/gicky good stuff. I could make it up, nothing parishable I don't think anyway, and get little jars or whatever to send out. Gad, that'd be fun but not as fun as swimming with turtles..........:-p

Lefselover! Just what we need......someone to rally the troops!! Get em girl! Show NO mercy!!:LOL::LOL:
He's my friend, he knows I'm just egging him on. But as with anything else, sometimes we need a little pushing
........he'll come through, I've given him his pep talk:)

Attachments

• ar121415773629878.jpg
    ar121415773629878.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 154
NOTE!!!!
If you want the flat $4.80 Priority Mail rate, you MUST USE a
FLAT RATE Priority Mail envelope!!!! So don't put a $4.80 stamp on a regular
manila envelope.. If the package is over 1 pound, it won't be enough. If it is
under 1 pound, all will be well.

Also, the online postage will probably print with the date you create it. Which would
make it useless for a later mailing date. Best bet is to buy a Priority Mail stamp and send
that.

Maybe we should give a general guide line for the size of the samples being sent?
I use a "return postage" option for our business and it won't always print a date. Regardless, I checked and the PO said with online postage you have at least two weeks to use printed postage with no problems.

If you are using postage from a Pitney Bowes machine, just make sure you don't print the date and it will be fine.

BTW ~ you get a reduced price printing it on the internet.

Just because I'm dense, is this a sauce and spice combo swap or spices/rubs? I thought it was just dry ingredients. If it's sauces, I would definitely find a way to do up my chicken teryaki sauce that I posted. Maybe we could do two different swaps. One dry, one wet.

It can be for any of the above but just please note that if you do anything in a jar it wiil not fit in the large envelopes we have asked everyone to send in pre postaged. But if you would like to do a sauce or anything in a jar you would need to mail out your samples to all the participants individually.
Let me know what you decide on and I will PM you the addresses I have thus far.
;)

It can be for any of the above but just please note that if you do anything in a jar it wiil not fit in the large envelopes we have asked everyone to send in pre postaged. But if you would like to do a sauce or anything in a jar you would need to mail out your samples to all the participants individually.
Let me know what you decide on and I will PM you the addresses I have thus far.
;)
The postage issue is where I'm confused. If we do prepaid and we all do flat rate envelopes, jars won't work. If we do just dry or dry + (send the dry portion but tell people "you'll need to add worchestire sauce") then the flat rate envelopes work. If we did a separate wet swap, we could use flat rate boxes. We just need to decide because it might make a difference regarding participation. You know.

Just because I'm dense, is this a sauce and spice combo swap or spices/rubs? I thought it was just dry ingredients. If it's sauces, I would definitely find a way to do up my chicken teryaki sauce that I posted. Maybe we could do two different swaps. One dry, one wet.
okay, up from nap:-p......... yeah!!I like that ^^^ idea
but, maybe we should see how the dry mixes go first.
like what kind of response there is for those before we go too far.
just a thought.

okay, up from nap:-p......... yeah!!I like that ^^^ idea
but, maybe we should see how the dry mixes go first.
like what kind of response there is for those before we go too far.
just a thought.
Exactly. You do the less expensive swap first to see how it goes and then, when it's successful, you do the more expensive wet marinade swap where you bottle up your ingredients and use the $9 flat rate box.

....................so then, how many of these baby packages are we to make?
I'd use Seal a Meal bags, that I'd use and when it arrives you [whomever] can put it in a jar or zipper bag or whatever. that's okay right? so far, are we only seeing 10 recipients?

good idea CIN................
I think so too.................
I'm off for the weekend, hubby and I going on a baby trip for a few days.
I'll lay out the ingredients in the dehydrator and get them drying so I can make my mix.

I'm still not clear on one thing Dee. Is it going to be 5-7 tablespoons for each participant or enough spice mix for one dinner?

Back
Top Bottom