Garlic/Parm Pasta-TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This recipe is a favorite and instead of putting garlic onto the pasta you can start by putting it into the pasta. Of course more onto the pasta can't be bad;)
Combine 1-1/2 c.flour, 1/2 tea. salt, and 2 karge cloves of garlic more if you are a garlic hound but not so much as to make it HOT. This goes into a F/P. Blend qbout 30 seconds or til flour smells and tastes like the garlic. Add 1 Tab. evoo, 1/2 c. fresh grated parmesan,and 2 eggx process about 15 seconds or so. If dough is too sticky add a couple of tab. of flour if too dry add a few drops of water knead by hand about 3 min then wrap in plastic wrap and rest 30 min or overnight in the frig. For your noodles cutting by hand or machine I like wide Pappardelle toss with favorite pasta sauce I love just brown butter or Mizthra This should make 2-3 servings.
kades

@ Kadesma: Fabulous Suggestion

Good Morning,

Interesting that I do this too with the pecorino and garlic; and I sometimes also sprinkle dried oregano and / or basil or both in addition, a sprinkle of freshly ground rose, green and black peppercorn into mine ...

Fabulous suggestion ...

I wanted to mention, if I am not mistaken I had read that you were doing a short MIA, and I hope all goes well and speedy recovering for you.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Last edited:
:) I do this with my pancakes ....never thought to apply it on my homemade pasta, clever! i am stealing the idea , thanks

Good Morning,

Interesting that I do this too with the pecorino and garlic; and I sometimes also sprinkle dried oregano and / or basil or both in addition, a sprinkle of freshly ground rose, green and black peppercorn into mine ...

Fabulous suggestion ...

I wanted to mention, if I am not mistaken I had read that you were doing a short MIA, and I hope all goes well and speedy recovering for you.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.
I'm fine Margi. I like the idea of the basil and the ground peppercorns. Should improve the flavor a lot. thanks Margi.
kades

:) I do this with my pancakes ....never thought to apply it on my homemade pasta, clever! i am stealing the idea , thanks
Glad you like the idea, and glad to share the recipe with you.;)
kades

Back
Top Bottom