ISO sauce for lobster crab ravioli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lupner

Assistant Cook
I am looking for suggestions for a good sauce for lobster and crab ravioli, I purchased the ravioli from an Italian market but did not think to ask about a sauce....any suggestions???

Thanks.

Lupner :chef:

I'd make a bechamel sauce first. Then, I'd season that with lemon zest, roasted garlic, and fresh tarragon. Just before service, I'd pour in a bit of sherry.

I'd make a bechamel sauce first. Then, I'd season that with lemon zest, roasted garlic, and fresh tarragon. Just before service, I'd pour in a bit of sherry.

That sounds incredible, Vera. A friend of mine wants me to come over to try out her new pasta machine - I think this will be on the menu :chef:

I would do a champagne cream sauce with a touch of garlic and some halved cherry tomatoes, gently squashed to get the juices into the cream. Served with freshly grated parmesan and maybe a light sprinkling of fresh dill.

Garlic. Whatever you do, Garlic. Cream.
Oh, did I say Garlic?

I would make a Lemon or Orange butter sauce. Melt butter in a skillet, add lemon or orange zest, toss cooked ravioli w butter mixture. Season w S&P, & sprinkle ravioli with Parmesan or Romano cheese. Add toasted walnuts or pignoli (pine nuts) to the sauce, if you wish. Garnish with freshly-chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley or fresh basil chiffonade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom