Rich tasting rice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, from everything I have been able to find - it was a long grained white rice cooked with a little more liquid than the rice could absorb in the time it takes to cook - sort of like what you have when you make rissotto. For example, given the standard ratio of 2 cups of water for 1 cup rice ... you would use 2.5 cups of half water and half coconut milk and then cook the regular way (bring to a boil, turn to low, remove from heat after 20 minutes, stir and put the lid back on, wait another 5-10 minutes if rice isn't soft enough).

That's the general idea roughly. Anyway, it gives you something to play with. I would try it but I don't have any coconut milk.

Well, from everything I have been able to find - it was a long grained white rice cooked with a little more liquid than the rice could absorb in the time it takes to cook - sort of like what you have when you make rissotto. For example, given the standard ratio of 2 cups of water for 1 cup rice ... you would use 2.5 cups of half water and half coconut milk and then cook the regular way (bring to a boil, turn to low, remove from heat after 20 minutes, stir and put the lid back on, wait another 5-10 minutes if rice isn't soft enough).

That's the general idea roughly. Anyway, it gives you something to play with. I would try it but I don't have any coconut milk.
Thanks Mich, And sorry about calling you Mike in my other thread.

I'll give that a try next time I get busy cooking.

Back
Top Bottom