This is an experiment which turned out wonderfully ... Let me know what you think. I shall post some photos during the week, as the Vet is leaving for his medical business trip at 7am Monday. I shall have some free time to handle the photos.
ZUCCHINI STUFFED WITH PENNE CORTO & SHRIMP ...
100 Grams of Penne Corto ( short small penne )
24 small fresh shrimp
5 grams of minced garlic
50 grams of Tomato Raf or Other Red Juicy Tomatoes
sal and freshly ground black pepper
leek or shallot chopped finely
1. cook pasta al dente, tender yet firm to bite
2. wash the zucchini and boil for 6 minutes in salted water and then, submerge the zucchini in Ice Water and place in large bowl on ice
3. Slice the top part and empty the interior with a large spoon. Reserve the interior of the zucchini.
4. In a sarten, with a little Evoo, sauté the garlic with the shrimp. Add salt and pepper and then, add the peeled and de.seeded tomato finely chopped.
5. add the cooked pasta and swirl with wooden spoon
6. then add the interior of the zucchini flesh and sauté a couple of minutes more.
7. drizzle with a bit of Evoo and serve with parsely, oregano and basil ...
*** this can probably be done papillote style in the oven, wrapped in aluminum foil for a few minutes until the interiors are tender.
Enjoy, light and summery.
Ciao. Margaux Cintrano.