Welcome back the cheese course!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a HUGE range of stilton here - there's stilton or there's stilton and then there's stilton!! Blue cheese hasn't got as far as flavoured yet in this neck of the woods!

VeraBlue,
Try pairing Port/Marsala type wines with Gorgonzola, Stilton, Roquefort type of cheeses.
A fruit like caramelized pears and toasted walnuts should balance the overall flavor.

That sounds wonderful. I made a brie en croute for thanksgiving...beneath the pastry, atop the cheese I placed dried apricots that had been reconstituted in port, and candied pecans. It was delicious.

other than Chicken, Cheese is my Absolute Fave food, but I think as a Course it`s important not to spoil it and so spend equal attention to the Crackers you may serve it with.

I also made a pear salad for Thanksgiving: Caramelized Bosc pears (with balsamic vinegard), Boston lettuce, a minced shallot, radiccio, gorgonzola and toasted walnuts with a bit of honey.
I've seen a recipe for Stilton sauce that I will try soon.

It was very good, everybody liked it (at least, that's what they said LOL)

Last edited:
Loprraine,
I am not a wine expert but a friend of mine from Tolouse knows a lot. I asked him about Sauternes. He said is a dessert wine made out of Semillon grapes, quite sweet.
The best option is to pair it with dessert, but Roquefort is also a good cheese choice after a meal. I'd add that probably Stilton and Gorgonzola are also good matches.

I love cheese. One of my favorite restaurants serves a Basque dry cheese for dessert. I would rather have that than the ice cream they serve. One of my favorite cheeses is a dry aged Monterey jack cheese from Trader Joe's. Bring on the cheese I would rather have that then most desserts!!

Back
Top Bottom