"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #21
DC Grandma
I really like it short..men are weird when it comes to long hair. They don't have to take care of it. If DH had your long hair and had to spend the time you did to care for it..he would have shaved it all off a long time ago. I think that you look younger and beautiful..tell him that long hair isn't what counts in life..his love for you does and he would love you still if for some reason your hair all fell out. This does happen to some ladies and their families love them...not their hair! This happened to a good Friend of mine..

May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #22
Head Chef
Who's that stranger in the house? Keep that new hair cut and styled and you will grow into it too! I know how it feels to go from long to short. It'll grow at least an inch in the first week. Did you check the moon before you had it cut; some folks do. It's not like you shaved off a full beard.

StirBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
Head Chef
crewsk, it frames your face so much better!!! Just looking at the before and after pics.....it seems that your eyes are brought out so much more!! You are a gorgeous lady and your hubby will get used to it. Many times as others have said, they do not like change and then they are afraid to say that the change is becoming because they aren't sure how to say the right thing and not hurt your feelings. I shudder to think what my hubby would do if I ever cut my hair short; it falls to the top of my thighs. When I have it trimmed ( it has been as long as just above my knees); I usually get it trimmed to just below my waist. My son-in-law would have a fit too....although I am going to look for a mohawk wig just to torture the SIL, LOL!!!! I know, I am mean but I have fun!!!
Polly aka Shunka....the Def Leppard crazy in AZ!!
Shunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #24
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I like the short cut too Crewsk. It looks really cute on you. You said you have fine hair. A short cut can make your hair look and feel thicker.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #25
Executive Chef
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by crewsk
OK, I'm having mixed emotions right now. I got my hair cut off Saturday, I love it for the most part, but it's a little shorter than I really wanted. Hubby refused to speak to me Saturday but he got over that, now he'll talk to me but he won't look at me a lot. Needless to say he likes me with long hair. What do y'all think? I've gotten a lot of compliments on it & most people say I look younger. What woman doesn't love the hear that? Anyway, here's the before & after. Please forgive the mess behind me, I'm in my son's room.
To me you look confident and sexy. Sure it's nice for our husbands to give their opinions, but I think his reaction was a bit over the top. He may be thinking that more guys will pay attention to you, and a bit jealous

I like your long hair and your short hair. What works for you? I had my hair long for years. My ex liked it long, my husband likes it short, but I like it in between I go with whatever I like. The only part I hate after having my hair cut, is tweaking it so that it does exactly the same thing as the hairdresser did! Blow drying, adding products to tame the mane, etc.

Anyway Crewsk, I love it! You look fantastic!!
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #26
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Amber, long works for me because I can pull it up if I'm having a bad hair day but short works too because there are a lot less bad hair days!

It had been about a year since I had it trimmed & even longer since I had had any real length cut off so it was a big change. When I did have any length cut off it was just even with my shoulders. I had it cut much shorter than this once before & I really hated that, it did make me look like a little boy. I swore off short hair cuts then but decided to give it a try again & just not go really short. The biggest problem I'm having with it (you can't see this in the pic) is that around the back, half of it wants to curl out & the other half wants to curl under. I'm going to have to play with it when I have some free time & see if I can get it to go either one way or the other.

Barbara, yes, it does look & feel thicker which I love!

Thanks everyone!
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #27
Hospitality Queen
I have one word for you: sophisticated.

I love it!!!
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #28
Head Chef
Perky! Takes at least 5 years off you. You just look different to them, that's all. They'll get used to it and your hair will grow out anyway.
'Never eat more than you can lift.' - Miss Piggy
Chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #29
Executive Chef
I love the new look - you look young and fresh (not that you didn't before), but younger and rested .
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #30
Master Chef
I love it Crewsk! Like many have said its just a guy thing.........for some unbeknownst reason men love long hair..........some fantasy thing or something I don't know..........DH has a severe case of it for sure. You've received some wonderful compliments here and we're all friends and would never tell you we liked it if we didn't...........your getting compliments outside of the forum also...........bask in the attention girlfriend and tell DH to get over it........its just hair!

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote