A Poem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
I wrote this in English into my journal on the night before I was to be sent here. It is short because I was very sad.

There is a land across the sea
On a fair and distant shore
That land shall be the place for me
One day, for evermore

I shall go to this distant land
And there I shall make my way
I shall learn and grow and understand
And praise God for every day

I shall be as free as can be
In this place so far from here
But I shall bring Romania with me
To remember her with a tear

Your friend,
~Cat

Last edited:
Thank you both! I was sad and I was also frightened a little bit.

Your friend,
~Cat

Considering how young you were, of course you were frightened. I get frightened just going to a city I have never been to before. :angel:

Thank you, Addie. Papa and Mamma were frightened also.

Your friend,
~Cat

Of course they were. They were letting their very special child of their hearts go far away not knowing what she will be facing. And they won't be there to make the world all right for her. :angel:

I look back on this time and I say to myself, "Why were you so frightened, Cat? You were going to America! Not Afghanistan!"

I am guessing young women do become frightened of things that are unknown. I am certain my parents were frightened of the known things.

These are like finding bad friends at University as my cousins did, failing of University like my cousins did, and getting into trouble with the police as my cousins did also!

They did not get the citizenship, they held parties in our home when DA was in hospital, and did not put school importantly.

It is no wonder of my parents' fears! But mine were unwarranted.

I never did like my cousins. It is not hard to do the right things. They do not like me, either. Uncle Nicu does love his daughters, but he does not like what they do.

Your friend,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom