"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #21
Head Chef

Oh Katie, I am so glad you are OK. The things can be fixed, the power will get restored. The main thing is you are OK. What a terrible storm. We have all been wondering about you and worrying. I'm glad you took the time to get online and say hello.

I'm sending you positive vibes - maybe with a streak of good weather the power companies can get the power on faster.

stay strong Katie

((HUGS))

Jennifer

Old 02-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #22
Master Chef

Aww Katie, I'm so happy you're okay!! "Things" can be fixed. Come in when you're able and until it all back to normal, you will stay in my thoughts and prayers!! love you lady!!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Keep warm Katie and come back as soon as you can. We also wish we could help, but even though we can't physically help out, we will continue to pray for you and for all those affected by this horrible mess. We miss you Katie!

BTW, does anyone know if anyone else at DC might be affected?

Barbara
Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #24
Executive Chef

If Kentucky wasn't so far away I'd invite Katie to come stay here. I have the room and the cats ~ Katie, how are your cats ~ and would love the company. She could see Buck's spice racks being put to good use.

Post when you can Katie. We sure do miss you.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Katie glad your OK everything that is broken can be fixed the main thing is your not hurt. I'll be think about you. Lots of Love headed your way
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
If Kentucky wasn't so far away I'd invite Katie to come stay here. I have the room and the cats ~ Katie, how are your cats ~ and would love the company. She could see Buck's spice racks being put to good use.

Post when you can Katie. We sure do miss you.
We tried to get her to come here...we're about 45 minutes away...but she has her animals and lots of insurance matters to tend to, and she's getting by. I even offered to send Kim down there, but she says she's OK.
I sure wish I could somehow make things easier for her.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
Senior Cook

I'm praying for you, Katie, and you hang in there, my dear friend. Much love and many hugs,
Love, Erin
Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Update!

I think we may be crawling out from under the weather monster. Although, Wednesday was a bit challenging. Heavy rains and winds about 60+ mph from Tuesday night through the day. More power lines down. (We were without power…again…for several hours.) I heard smashing glass around 2 p.m. at the house. Turned out that a storm window had been ripped off one of the upstairs bathroom windows. More trees/limbs down. Yesterday, again, power outages and then no phone service (to those who had it) of any kind most of the day.

I have local phone service at the shop, but I still don’t have phone or Internet service at home and am told it could be days or even weeks, so I’m relying on my friends here at the insurance office for the use of their “electrons.” I’ll owe them big time.

On Saturday, a group of LDS (Mormons) came to help clean up my yard. They came in 8 passenger cars and a 14-person van. In all there were 27 people here and they worked for 6 hours straight. When they were done, there were 5 piles of debris the size of Greyhound buses. It boggles the mind. The yard looks much, much better. On Sunday, a relief group from Tennessee came to take down the trees that were huge, broken and dangerous. There were 12 people in that bunch and they were here for about 4 hours. I have very few trees left. Spring is going to be VERY interesting and I can’t imagine what kind of fall we’ll have.

Got the damage to my car repaired on Wednesday - $1,600-worth. Am waiting for the word from the insurance company for the damage to the house...3 areas.

I'm physically and emotionally drained. I'll be SOOOOO glad when all this is over.

Gotta run. Don't want to wear out my welcome here at the insurance office. Hope you all have a loving and fun Valentine’s Day tomorrow.

Katie
Old 02-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #29
Master Chef

oh, my dear Katie, I haven't been on for awhile as I've been seeing drs. and getting ready to go back to the frozen steppes, of KZ....... I read thru most of this thread and my heart just ached hearing about your ordeal.........I hope and pray that you get things in order as soon as possible........it will really all work out........we still have people in Texas trying to get thru hurricane Ike and their lives are still topsy-turvy even today.........please hang in there, Girl.........and know that we're all here for you
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #30
Head Chef

Katie - thanks for the update, I have been worrying about you. Stay strong girl, this too shall pass.