"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2005, 10:29 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I was just wondering the other day when your baby would be due... how close are you?? I have never been a mother and probably never will be so I don't have any practical advice that I can share, but I just know that you will be a wonderful mother Stacey!! And I wish you all the very very bestust!!

Old 10-25-2005, 11:57 AM   #22
Master Chef

Thanks, Licia! I'm due three weeks from today, November 15!!! So as my hubby keeps pointing out, it could be any time now (like I need a reminder! )!

Old 10-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #23
Executive Chef

I bet you are very excited! Maybe you've gotten this advice already but sleep as much as you can now, almost like you're stocking up. Something that saved me with Aidan is sleeping whenever he was sleeping. Even just laying down while your daughter is will help refresh you.
Are you getting a little uncomfortable? I still have 7 weeks until the "big day" and I already feel like I'd be happy if he/she came out now. This baby is a rib kicker, especially when I'm trying to sleep. My first pregnancy I could have stayed pregnant forever, he was so easy, but this one I am more anxious for.
Your husband keeps reminding you it could be any day now so I will say good luck before I miss my chance! I hope everything with the delivery goes smooth and everyone is happy and healthy!
Old 10-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #24
Head Chef

as a new mom myself,i would advise you to sleep as much as you can ,because once the baby comes,there will be times when u will be dying to just lie down and go to sleep,but your lil one will keep you awake....but dont worry you will still love your baby
Old 10-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #25
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidrite
Lets see I think I am the only one for this !

Oh the most important thing ! " I LOVE MY DAD" GOES ON THE FRONT AND THE BACK ! of all the clothes, It suckers us guys into thinking we have to do something to help take care of the Baby !

Here's Barbara and My Gift !
Where is the space for the buggy? For the diapers? For the travel bed? Or is it with a hitch?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:52 PM   #26
Master Chef

Hey, you can have it on the 7th !!
It's a very good day
Old 10-25-2005, 03:45 PM   #27
Master Chef

Corazon and Sarah, I'd give anything to be able to sleep now but it's getting harder and harder. I'm so uncomfortable and she's so active. There's no "perfect" sleep position for the two of us so I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a night!

Whenever hubby says he's had a good night sleep I remind him that since he's more well-rested now he can have more night shifts when I have the baby!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:22 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
Whenever hubby says he's had a good night sleep I remind him that since he's more well-rested now he can have more night shifts when I have the baby!
Good for you PA! Maybe try taking some cat naps during the times when she's usually quiet. When I was pregnant with Aidan I noticed getting in the shower always put him to sleep. After I'd get out and be able to lie down for a bit.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #29
Contest Winner

Wink

Have you tried Sleeping laid back in a Lazyboy type of Chair I have heard it greatly helps with sleep when you are close. I can't promise this but it is a thought ! Let me know if you have tried or how it works out.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

corazon, forgive me - I totally forgot you were expecting too!

For both you and PA, I want you to remember that babies are God's way of saying the world should go on.

For the new babies, when you are born, Mommy will also get some new Mom-radar. She will know when you need to be changed, hugged, or fed just by the sound of your cry. But please don't cry when Mommy is trying to talk to her friends on DC. You will be the most important thing in her life, but sometimes even Mommy needs a break from you. It will just be for a little while, I promise.