Answer a question with a question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you really think so? Do you know I could probably finish them today but my bananas still aren't ripe enough for the 4 dozen banana cupcakes and 2 8" layers for the bride's cake?

Do you know I need them as ripe as possible and when I went to the local market and asked if I could buy all their over-ripe bananas for the next week the guy looked absolutely stunned?

Would you believe the cake isn't due until next Saturday but I have to leave time for decorating and I am catering a tea with all fresh food so won't be able to do any baking next Thursday or Friday?

To catch up and answer your questions will you allow this to be my question and let me point form the rest?

- The alcohol soaked cakes are fruitcakes and not many wedding cakes are made that way anymore (though, Miniman, maybe they still are in England)
- Now people use various types of cakes and if they want to save the top layer for the first anniversary (the tradition here), they freeze it
- I make the cupcakes and when they are cool I put the whole tin into the freezer just until they are frozen and then transfer them to airtight plastic containers (one layer) and put them back in the freezer. I take them out the night before and put in the fridge. They are easier to decorate when cold. This goes for my layer cakes too.
- Whether regular wedding cakes or cupcakes there is no way to make it fresh and have it all decorated and ready for the reception all on the day so this method works well.

Did I miss anything?

Back
Top Bottom