"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
don't you get the software with the telephone when purchasing it?
That's the way I know, every new telephone brings its CD with it..

The Software usually is Phonebrand specific, so if you have an SE-Phone it will work with the SE-SW, if you have a Nokia it wirks with Nokia-SW.. not depending on your provider.
No software came with Samsung TMobil phone, promise no CD. I have to try calling TMobil again and get a tech support person who actually knows something. Uff da............ but thanks Cara..........

Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
Master Chef

did you check the Samsung-HP?

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
you could play them on speaker from one phone to the other when your voicemail picks up .. kind of primitive but
an easy solution ...
you know what? that just may work. I'll turn the volume up on both of them so it'll record some little sounds from the baby's.
thank you all...........
I am going to the TMobil store in the Mall tonight when a supposed manager is very keene on everything computer. I'll take hubby's phone, and my laptop with the microphone too, my iPhone not that I expect anything to be done there, we'll have to figure that out if Mr. TMobil can help me get these off and get 'em saved to my computer somehow.
I really like the idea of Love2Q and will try that when hubby gets home, I'll start with one and see if it works before trying to do same with all 8 voicemails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
If you find a way to turn them into an mp3 (and that site I sent you hopefully will have an answer on that) then all you will need to do is drag those mp3's into your iTunes library and then from there onto your iPhone. It will show those files as songs on your iPhone.
No answer yet so far GB on that site. I am registered though and activated and did post my inquiry so I'm just waiting for the right person to log in and help me, thanks GB....
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
Head Chef

Can he just forward them back to you as new messages?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
Can he just forward them back to you as new messages?
unfortunately no, TMobil and AT&T are not compatible.
I see by a web site for APPLE forums someone posted that I could save them myself to the computer via a VoIP and that Vonage offers that with using them which we do. However, the voice mails have to be on your house {Vonage} phone to use Vonage not a TMobil phone. aARgh.......
Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #16
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
There is voice editing software for PC's here are 2 that are free.
Download Audio Editing Software - Free Sound Editor
Download Voice Editing Software Shareware & Freeware Software

This is the search term that I used on google

software voice editor - Google Search

With that you could put a microphine (They are inexpensive) on your PC and play the messages and record them. You could then turn them into most anything you might like.

HTH

AC

P. S. My advice - Burn them inti a CD for posterity. Cell phones go bad and get lost.

- AC
Old 11-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Cell phones and laptops often are Bluetooth equipped. If your phone and laptop both are, you can transfer files from phone to computer via Bluetooth. Easily.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Update:

Last night I went into the TMobil store here at our Mall.
I had called TMobil in desperation yesterday and wouldn't let them hang up until they gave me some concrete advice.
They set me up with the manager there. Was told if he can't do it for you, no one can cause he's a computer nerd.
Took my laptop, my microphone off our desktop, yep, they are cheap, like $14 at Radio Hut, took hubby's phone and mine, and after him taking it in the back room, which I will admit did make me nervous, he got them off hubby's phone and onto my laptop in the form of iTunes. They are now erased from husbands phone, he'll be thrilled and I am finally able to relax.

Telling my husband that the guy took my computer in the back room alone, he almost had a coronary. "Do you know what information that man could and may have gotten off your computer?" Well, I am a trusting soul and if I'm shot in the foot with this, and I honestly don't think I am or got scammed, it's my own fault. Hoping it'll be just as it should be, if not, I know who messed me up and our neighbor is chief of police. < Like that has any influence.

Anyway, it's done and thank you all so much for helping me.
Cara, yes we'd checked the Samsung and there was no info on there about what we needed to do.
Gadzooks, you're very knowledgeable and I am thankful for all you told me.
GB, there were 22 who viewed 0 reponses but thanks for sending me there cause it could have worked. I think I asked a question they didn't think related. Odd thing is though, reading that site, there are a ton of people with messed up iPhones.
Adillo, thank you, very much appreciated, husband can download either of these for future use. I don't want to go through this ever again.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #19
Chief Eating Officer

I am glad it worked out in the end for you!