Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kadesma, we love you!!

You're wonderful and I know you can
do anything you set your mind on.:)

Thanks Pds and Texas,
it's so nice to have such wonderful friends..
cj

Congratulations, Kadesma! It's great not to have to go to dialysis 4 days a week and get stuck and all the other not so fun parts of hemodialysis, huh? Plus, you'll probably get to drink more fluids, too.

You should be so proud of yourself, getting your training done in just a week! That's very impressive because it's a lot to learn but believe me, they wouldn't have "graduated" you if you weren't ready. I know you'll do great with the peritoneal. Are you doing CAPD or CCPD?

Anyway, I'm so happy you'll have so much more time at home with your wonderful grandbabies and I know they are thrilled.

I'm so glad you are ready for this step kadesma, but I understand the fear too. Just know that as you are doing it, we are all standing around you in spirit, praying and cheering you on.

:)Barbara

Congratulations, Kadesma! It's great not to have to go to dialysis 4 days a week and get stuck and all the other not so fun parts of hemodialysis, huh? Plus, you'll probably get to drink more fluids, too.

You should be so proud of yourself, getting your training done in just a week! That's very impressive because it's a lot to learn but believe me, they wouldn't have "graduated" you if you weren't ready. I know you'll do great with the peritoneal. Are you doing CAPD or CCPD?

Anyway, I'm so happy you'll have so much more time at home with your wonderful grandbabies and I know they are thrilled.
Terry,
I have an access in my neck so I don't get stuck, but it's a temp but has lasted well.I've been going to hemodialysis 3 times a week for 3 hours each time..I've become very fond of the nurses and aides and bring them cookies and cakes at least once a week..Today they all gathered around to give me hugs and kid me about who was going to feed them now:LOL: .I have decided agains't having an access in my arm as once in it cannot be removed..The one I have was just jammed in there without asking me I woke up to it..Now I have one in the lower abdoman for the pd..After about a month they will let me go on the cycler if I want..Right now I do 4 exchanges a day with my choice of fluid...The cycler has a waiting list up to 3 months so we will see...Hopefully I can get it sooner, but it's only fair to wait my turn...Tonight we are setting up the solutions,clamps,gauze pads,soaps,cleaning solutions,pole,bags,heating pad..it's like bringing home a new baby:) Lot to learn, but,,hey you do what you have to..I have a bit of shakey knees, but that will pass..I can do this!
Thanks for the support and reminding me of my babies, at last I'll be able to have them here more once again..It seems like forever since they came to stay and play.
kades

Last edited:
I'm so glad you are ready for this step kadesma, but I understand the fear too. Just know that as you are doing it, we are all standing around you in spirit, praying and cheering you on.

Barb,
I knew you and James would be by my side in spirit and believe me I can feel it...Thank you and I promise I'll try not to be to afraid tomorrow..
kades

It's okay to be a little afraid sweetie, just don't let fear take over. I'm sure that in a week you will be laughing and asking yourself what you were so worried about. :cool:

It's okay to be a little afraid sweetie, just don't let fear take over. I'm sure that in a week you will be laughing and asking yourself what you were so worried about. :cool:

I'm sure I will too, then I'll PM you and we can giggle over it together...
I'm leaving in a few minutes, so hold onto your hat!

kades;)

Hope you can feel all of our hands hold you right now CJ!!!!
That's odd Texas, but on the way home in the car, I had been so cold my teeth were chattering..All of a sudden I started to feel warmth along my face and then my arms and then it changed to all over me..I just had this incredible feeling, as if my folks and everyone were there in the car with me..Can't explain it so it makes sense, it was just this very warm comfortable feeling..Peaceful and comfy.
kades

That's odd Texas, but on the way home in the car, I had been so cold my teeth were chattering..All of a sudden I started to feel warmth along my face and then my arms and then it changed to all over me..I just had this incredible feeling, as if my folks and everyone were there in the car with me..Can't explain it so it makes sense, it was just this very warm comfortable feeling..Peaceful and comfy.
kades

I'm always going to be there, maybe not body, but, in mind and spirit
4.gif

My celebration is not as big as kades, but, I am happy and proud of myself, so I wanted to crow a little. It has now been 7 days 5 hours, 33 minutes without a cigarette AND 72 hours without a Commit lozenge. The last 2 days were really hard and as someone said on here and on a healthboard to me, you have to go cold turkey or there is still nicotine in the system and I believe that with all my heart now. Today, I haven't even craved, NOT EVEN ONCE!!
I'm not eating everything either. LOL

that's great news texasgirl!!! you're on your way to kicking the nicotine habit. Keep the progress up!

Kades, how is the new system going for you? Is it working out okay? Wish I was closer to give you a helping hand:)

My celebration is not as big as kades, but, I am happy and proud of myself, so I wanted to crow a little. It has now been 7 days 5 hours, 33 minutes without a cigarette AND 72 hours without a Commit lozenge. The last 2 days were really hard and as someone said on here and on a healthboard to me, you have to go cold turkey or there is still nicotine in the system and I believe that with all my heart now. Today, I haven't even craved, NOT EVEN ONCE!!
I'm not eating everything either. LOL
Good work Texas,
I knew you had it in you..I'm so proud of what you've done..Wish I could just give you a huge hug..but will give you this one
{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
Hang on my friend you are on your way.
kades

that's great news texasgirl!!! you're on your way to kicking the nicotine habit. Keep the progress up!

Kades, how is the new system going for you? Is it working out okay? Wish I was closer to give you a helping hand:)
Hi Beth,
today is my first full day of doing this at home..Dh. is a big help and it's going pretty well..Last night was really hard as the fluid made me feel as if it were hard to breath..But, I sat up and just made myself relax and then things settled down and are now running smoothly. I wish you were closer too, not just for the help, but for the joy of knowing you better.
Thank you.
kades

I am so proud of you Cj I knew you could handle this just fine, you are a trouper! God Bless you Hon, we are all behind you 100% with love and support !!! Best Ma in the world, plus my Ma too !!
Babs

I am so proud of you Cj I knew you could handle this just fine, you are a trouper! God Bless you Hon, we are all behind you 100% with love and support !!! Best Ma in the world, plus my Ma too !!
Babs
Babs,
thank you..I have gotten so much support and love and good feelings from everyone..I'm the luckiest person in the world. There is nothing so wonderful as good friends. I just hope that we all stay healthy and close now.
cj

I knew you'd do great cj! It will just get easier and easier as you get more used to it.

TG--Congratulations on your progress so far! You're doing great!

Back
Top Bottom