Celebrity sightings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to see David Copperfield and was lucky enough to go back stage and meet him. He touched my little finger as he was handing me back the autograph!! He was really nice and oh so CUTE!!!!

David and I used to go to a lot of Mariner games here in Seattle. Ken Griffey lived about 4 miles away from us. He let us follow him home on the freeway one time. David was 16 at the time and he thought it was the coolest thing!

A friend of mine bought a car that used to belong to Joey Cora ( another ex-mariner player, my all time favorite!) He'd signed an autograph for David and I while sitting in the car. Does that count?

Some celebrities that I've met who were down to earth:

• Cuba Gooding, Jr.
  • Ben Affleck
  • Michael Bay (All three of the above when they were filming Pearl Harbor in Hawaii)
  • Drew Barrymore
  • Reece Witherspoon
  • Matt Damon
  • Kate Hudson
  • Katie Holmes
  • Samuel Jackson
The following were strange. Not difficult, but strange:
  • Janet Jackson
  • LaToya Jackson
  • Quentin Tarrantino
The following definitely had that "Hollywood" attitude
  • Alicia Silverstone
  • Ashton Kutcher
  • Paul Walker
  • Kirstin Dunst
  • Toby McGuire

Maidrite and I met Kia from Trading Spaces this summer. Check out "Member Photos" for a picture of us with her.

:) Barbara

mrsmac said:
I worked at the same KFC Mel Gibson worked at just not at the same time unfortunately! Really anybody I have seen none of you would ever have heard of cause they are fairly obscure Australians. I did go to a gymnastics comp. as a teenager and Rebecca Rig (who is married to Simon Baker the guy from some American drama show the name of which has completely gone out of my head!) was competing (i was helping add up the scores!)

I like obscure Australians I wish I could visit there !

You'd love it Australia is wonderful but I am biased!

My husband always says for every famous person there are 500 people who went to school with them!!! By the way DH went to school with the captain of the Wallabies- George Gregan but i think only Kyles will appreciate that.

A. Dead or Alive?

B. Rehab and 12 Step Meetings Count?

C. What's a celebrity?

D. I don't kiss and tell.

I did meet Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner years ago (in about 1972 or '73--I was in high school) for a minute after a concert. We got their autographs, and Dolly told me she like my dress. :mrgreen:

When my daughter was in line at a cell phone place, she saw Tony Hawk in line. I met his mother in line at Palomar College (San Marcos, CA) several years ago (he was just gaining some notoriety at that point and she was telling me about him--definitely a proud mom! She was nice).

For a near-miss--my dad owns and manages a sewing machine/vacuum cleaner store in Escondido, CA and was in the back doing paperwork one day. He heard a familiar voice, but the person was gone by the time he got out front. It turned out Tom Selleck had come in to buy some vacuum cleaner belts or bags. My dad asked the kid who had served him why he didn't come back and get him so he could meet him, and the kid said, "You were busy." Tom Selleck and his brother had just bought a mall there not long before that.

:) Barbara

mish said:
A. Dead or Alive?

B. Rehab and 12 Step Meetings Count?

C. What's a celebrity?

D. I don't kiss and tell.
Ahhh MIsh your sense of humor is showing:ROFLMAO:
a..Both
b. YES
c. darned if I know
d. Dang it:LOL:
kadesma:-p

kadesma said:
Ahhh MIsh your sense of humor is showing:ROFLMAO:
a..Both
b. YES
c. darned if I know
d. Dang it:LOL:
kadesma:-p

Think I spotted Elvis at the "'In-N-OUT" Burger Drive through. (He ordered the double-double, fries & chocolate milkshake.):ROFLMAO: :-p

mish said:
Think I spotted Elvis at the "'In-N-OUT" Burger Drive through. (He ordered the double-double, fries & chocolate milkshake.):ROFLMAO: :-p
WHAT, no bananas:LOL: :ohmy:
kadesma

A girl at work has a new boyfriend and she didn't want to tell us his name cause it is Elvis!! Apparantly its a very popular Croatian name.

Funny, the reason I started this thread was after seeing Ryan Stiles and guess what? He came into my work again today! My husband says he lives here in Bellingham part time. It's even more funny to me that he comes into this restaurant of all places, I think the food looks better than it tastes. It's nothing special.

Probably the most-known I've had contact with is Eddie Van Halen. Back in the 80's, I was helping out backstage at a NAM convention and I literally had to walk him down the stairs, as he was too inebriated. Also there, had conversations with Billy Idol, Jeff Beck, and most big hair bands, such as Ratt and Poison. I remember members of Warrant and Guns N Roses begging my friends and I to come see them play the late shows when we'd hang on the strip in Hollywood. I went to high school with (and had choir with) the guys from Toad the Wet Sprocket. . My sister had many classes in high school with Kathy Ireland, Eric Stoltz, and in her madrigal singing group, one of the 8 girls would always bring her boyfriend to all the get togethers. That was Anthony Edwards. (Tony to all of the kids) I've run my fingers through the mane of John Travolta (when I was a hairdresser), my dad built his screening room too, as well as working on Kenny Loggins' and Jimmy Messina's houses. Actually, he knew all the celebs in our town, but since he never went to movies, he never knew who they were.
We'd see celebs quite often, but never bothered to speak to them, since it was a pretty common occurrance. Although, I will admit, about 10 years ago, when Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid were sitting behind me with their son at "Sesame Street Live", I did have to chat with them at intermission. My h meets up with celebs, as they are at his work often. Recently he spent the afternoon with Ed McMahon. Of course, I wanted to know if he brought him the big check and the balloon bouquet....hee hee......
My son currently goes to school with the child of a very famous rock star. It's very nice to see him driving in his family SUV and waving "bye" each morning.

Of course, I see more "celebrity" in the thought of meeting fellow DCers!
So far, I'm at 1 and counting....

Back
Top Bottom