"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #1311
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I timed my last order and every two months isn't going to work for me. Six weeks is more like it. And for just .02/cup savings... I'd just as soon not join their program.
Memories of 18 8-tracks for a penny, lol. I'll order as I drink.

LOL Pac, I had forgotten about that one! I think mine are still in the basement.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #1312
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm drinking my second cup of espresso allongé. It may be the last one out of my espresso machine.

I was going to make one for Stirling, but the light didn't come on when I turned it on. We checked that the plug is working. I also tried turning on the pump, in case the light in the off/on switch was burnt out. Nothing, no light, no noise. Well, we have had it for 16 1/2 years.

Once Stirling is wide awake he will have a look at it to see if there is anything obvious, like a breaker or burnt fuse or loose wire.

I made a stove top mocha for Stirling. Good, but not as good the stuff from the machine.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #1313
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
sweet saturday morning, i'm munching on a fat, nutty slab of banana bread with my coffee--yummm. it's pacanis's recipe (doubled), so i'm thinking it should last me through this first week of the olympic games. though i don't know, it's awfully good, so....
I'm jealous! I haven't made banana bread since I got rid of my fruit fly problem a couple years ago
Nor banana nut ice cream...
hmmm, maybe I'll be safe in the winter...
Old 02-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #1314
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
LOL Pac, I had forgotten about that one! I think mine are still in the basement.
Was that the worse "club" or what?
It taught me at an early age how to deal with those people that hide behind the fine print

And with Amazon Prime (that's supposed to be going up ) I had my coffee delivered yesterday. UPS had a case of coffee on one shoulder and a case of ammo on the other
Old 02-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #1315
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have a cup of Dark Magic coffee washing down a bowl of Honey-Orange Greek Yogurt with Flax seeds.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #1316
Executive Chef

i'm being a piggy and having seconds--'nother slice of banana bread and a mug of fogchaser. i hadn't bought any bananas since mom died, and i don't eat fresh bananas myself. but i got this craving for some moist, nutty banana bread, and it just wouldn't go away. i didn't have the patience to wait for the bananas to ripen either. so i bought 2 big bunches of over-ripe bananas that were discounted at my relay food place. two hours later, i had my banana bread--three beautiful loaves--cracked, crusty and golden. well, a half loaf is already gone...life is good
Old 02-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #1317
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Woohoo! The espresso machine doesn't seem to be dead. I let it cool off and tried the switch again and got lights.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #1318
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
sweet saturday morning, i'm munching on a fat, nutty slab of banana bread with my coffee--yummm. it's pacanis's recipe (doubled), so i'm thinking it should last me through this first week of the olympic games. though i don't know, it's awfully good, so....
vit, where is this recipe you speak of? I looked for the banana nut recipe that was being discussed in some other thread a couple weeks back and couldn't find it. Don't know if it was pac's or not, but the recipe I finally used wasn't as good as my usual one - which seems to be drier than I remember it from when I first started to use it decades ago. Maybe bananas just aren't as moist as they used to be.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #1319
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
vit, where is this recipe you speak of? I looked for the banana nut recipe that was being discussed in some other thread a couple weeks back and couldn't find it. Don't know if it was pac's or not, but the recipe I finally used wasn't as good as my usual one - which seems to be drier than I remember it from when I first started to use it decades ago. Maybe bananas just aren't as moist as they used to be.
I think the recipe I've used is from former member "mama". I'm not sure if I tweaked it or not, but it's pretty moist.
If it isn't here I'm sure it's on her website. If it's still up. And don't ask me what it is cuz I have no idea anymore
I miss mama She was a helpful member.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #1320
Executive Chef

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...pm&pmid=303322

here it is, mama's banana nut bread recipe, via pac:
you'll want to make plenty, especially if you are expected to share.:)

Tags
coffee