"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #21
Master Chef

She sure is good at it------I'd hate to see her in a public restroom with one of the industrial-strength toilet paper rolls--------you'd have to medicate her!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #22
Assistant Cook

Gorgonzola,

The shoes in the picture are very nice.

Do you know the Run D.M.C.? They are very popular where i am from, with the song My Adidas. i hope to one day have a pair like that.

I wonder, do they cook too? or, perhaps with money and fame, others work the food for them?

Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #23
Sous Chef

Well, again - not after dinner but. . . . little Miss Martie was a Chug with a death wish. Our kitchen had an island with an open cabinet under the top where I stored all of our electrical appliances (that would fit). We went for a boat ride (or something) and came home to find all the appliances spread all over the kitchen floor. We gathered them up and put them away before we made a cocktail and headed for the living room. There was Miss Martie urrpping all over the couch, the rug, everywhere . . . . and the living room smelled delicious - like fried food! She had emptied the cupboard until she got to the deep fat fryer, somehow got the lid opened and consumed the fryer full of wonderful fragrant peanut oil. Oh geeeze - what a mess.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
I was draining frozen broccoli in a colander in the sink one day. One of my Birman kitties must have hopped up for a taste, decided she didn't like it & yakked all over the rest of it. She must be related to George Bush!

Another time I was dicing buffalo chicken to make Buffalo Chicken Salad. The phone rang - I answered it & got off the phone ASAP. By the time I came back, everything I had diced was gone. What wasn't chopped up was left for me.

And on & on. I don't answer the phone anymore when I'm cooking.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #25
Master Chef

ok, guys--we're nuts to be keeping these pets-------Right??????? Would any of us trade them??????Noooooooooo----There lies the rub--------nuts unite!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #26
Master Chef

Another good one was when I decided to surprise my husband for his birthday. I reserved a condo on the other side of the island, at an out-of-the-way place. Got there, it was not clean. Left. Went to have lunch at the Paniolo Cafe. A Japanese tour bus had just pulled up and there was no room for us. OK, you cannot stop me, I had a cooler of food, let's have a picnic at a beach park on our way back home. Got there to find out it was roped off as a crime scene. Decided "to heck with it" and just went home. I'll take you to our local Korean/Sushi place. Closed. Went home and ordered pizza. Now, that's hard to get wrong, but honestly, it was close to inedible. Our "coffee table" is a large what they then called Geisha tables (in other words a Japanese dining table). At this point we had a couple of stiff ones and went to bed.

Here is where the pets came in. At the time we had a cat and a very, very small puppy. We awoke the next morning to find that the cat had taken the pizza off of the table so she could share it with the puppy (who at the time maybe weighed 4 or 5 lbs). Hubby and I never did have a celebratory dinner, but our animals sure did!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #27
Executive Chef

That certainly will be a memorable birthday!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #28
Sous Chef

Old 08-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #29
Senior Cook

one time my mom put a container full of fat from a turkey dinner (i think) outside and my dog (golden retriever named abby) went out and ate the whole thing! then she puked everywhere in front of all our guests!!
Old 08-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #30
Sous Chef

Many many years ago my daughters and I had spent the day picking enough fresh raspberries to make a beautiful pie and a huge batch of raspberry ice cream in the electric (add ice and salt type) ice cream maker. Our guests arrived, we ate a fantastic dinner, took a walk on the beach and came back ready for the goodies.

I brought the pie out to the deck and we went to get the ice cream that had been curing under ice and newspapers up on another picnic table. There was the ice cream freezer on the ground, salt and ice and shredded newspaper everywhere - and our neighbor's dog up to her ears in the container - finishing the last drops of fresh raspberry ice cream.