Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, guys!! No starvation here, just ready to dump the sugar. I don't believe in abusing the body by starving it, just in eating the way I should. One day at a time. I don't want to have to hide my body at the wedding. Appreciate the support!

Anybody heard from Sushi? I hope he's still employed. :huh: :ermm:

Thier, drink a cup of coffee or caf tea. It'll ease the headache.
Here's an interesting fact I heard on the radio yesterday:
Some study in some country (wow! that's impressive!) gave soup to test subjects. Half of them ate from a regular bowl, while the other half ate from a bowl that slowly had more soup pumped in (without the subject knowing it.) When both halves were questions as to their "fullness" they all replied that they were adequately full, even though those with the never-ending-bowls consumed approximately 73% more soup than the others. This goes to show you that your brain looks at sizes of foods to determine whether it will be full or not. I suggest you start using smaller plates and bowls for your meals, and fill it as though it were a regular sized plate. You'll be surprised at your "fullness" after consuming maybe 30% less each meal.

Another semi-related fact I heard years ago: the color orange is an appetite stimulant. Therefore, do not eat off of orange plates, Thier.

Another semi-related fact I heard years ago: the color orange is an appetite stimulant. Therefore, do not eat off of orange plates,

no kidding jkath? wow ya learn something new everyday. i never knew that !

(I read everything on getting my kids to eat when they were little.)
I'm thinking that's why Denny's, Carrow's and Sambo's all had orange naugehyde booths.

Good ideas, jkath!! Thanks. I also know that fast food places like to use bright yellow in order to get people through and out the door. It doesn't encourage customers to stay. McDonald's did that for a long time, as does Subway.

uh-oh... better get this place cleaned up before the boss-man walks in.
cleaning2.gif

cleaning4.gif

cleaning12.gif

cleaning9.gif

cleaning10.gif

jkath said:
(I read everything on getting my kids to eat when they were little.)
I'm thinking that's why Denny's, Carrow's and Sambo's all had orange naugehyde booths.

Sambo's! Now there's a place I haven't thought of in awhile. We had some of the best Sunday mornings there.

Any body wanna make me some pancakes? I'm hungry for breakfast now. Yummy!

Thanks!

More trivia:
Sambo's originated in my home town of Santa Barbara, CA. Sam Battistone was the guy who started it all. His kids went to private school with us, so my sister went to their very cool house now and then. His meat was shipped from M&F, a nearby meat cutting plant where my parent's best friend worked. Sam named the streets there after two of his kids, Mark and Cindy. Then he gave Cindy a restaurant chain, aptly named "cindy's". Mark took over some other business.
The original Sambos, still is in operation, is across the street from the beach on Cabrillo Blvd in SB, it's first and only home.

Carrow's was from SB too.

not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...not thinking about pancakes...:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

There's still one left? I just told Paulie that we have to go to SB. I have to eat there again. Tummy rummbling.

Need a hand cleaning Middie? I've got some extra time on my hands.

Thier you look beautiful just the way you are. BUT..... if you REALLY want to loose weight that seems like a good diet except I feel it needs more fat and carbs.

I eat peanuts - roasted with no salt or sugar. It gives me lots of energy during the day. And I think beef (drained of the fat) and beans with hotsauce are GREAT too! :mrgreen:

I want to get your opinion.

I have some left over corn for the chickens Middie. It's in that black box on the counter.

Kay, the tables are all nice and clean.

Back
Top Bottom