"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Does anyone sleep on an Englander Memory Foam Bed?

We are buying beds this week - I have read good things about memory foam beds and have slept on one on several occasions. I like the bed but haven't heard much about Englander. I did not realize there were so many manufacturers of memory foam beds. Any opinions?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Sorry, Michele, can't help here. Buck and I have a Select Comfort Sleep number bed we wouldn't trade for all the money in the world. Have had it for about 7 years and couldn't be more pleased. Good luck with your bed quest.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Executive Chef

I don't know about that particular brand but 2 of my sons have memory foam beds and they love them. One is a Therapedic brand and the other is from IKEA.

They are both king size and both brothers have slept on each other's mattresses. The brother with the Therapedic said (sadly) that he could tell no difference between the 2. (He paid well over $1000 for his and the IKEA was significantly less expensive.)

I think whenever my mattress dies, that's what I'll be getting too. I think I would look to the warranty and quality of the cover as my deciding factor when it comes to brands.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Michele,
I have a memory foam mattress and I just love it..No more back aches,and it is so comfortable..I'd buy it over again..Don't even know it's name, DH had it sent here..Lie down on it and you smile in pleasure...
kadesma
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Master Chef

We have a waterbed, with a waveless lumbar support mattress, and I find it very comfortable, but my husband says it kills his back.
We're thinking of buying a new mattress that will fit in our queen size bedframe, and I'm open for suggestions as to what kind to buy. I don't mind if it's a little pricey, if it will help my husband's back. He's a big man, 6' tall and 250+lbs, so we need something sturdy.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
We have a waterbed, with a waveless lumbar support mattress, and I find it very comfortable, but my husband says it kills his back.
We're thinking of buying a new mattress that will fit in our queen size bedframe, and I'm open for suggestions as to what kind to buy. I don't mind if it's a little pricey, if it will help my husband's back. He's a big man, 6' tall and 250+lbs, so we need something sturdy.
One of my sons is 6'2" and regularly has back strain. He says the mattress has made this sooo much better. He got a very firm mattress and he said that it is so comfortable that the minute he lays down, he's asleep and when he wakes up, his back feels great. HTH
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
No advice on the Englander line, but I LOVE our tempurpedic. I will never go back to a spring/coil mattress.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Thanks, everyone, for your input. I have done some research (you know me) and I am amazed at how many different companies make these beds now - meaning there are alot of good and not so good memory foams out there. I am not familar with Englander and that is what I am trying to find out about. For the most part, though, most comments are very positive - its a good thing - I think we maybe buying a couple beds!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Memory Foam Beds

I hope you are doing well with the beds you got. We got our memory foam beds from a company called Rocky Mountain Mattress and we really like them (rockymountainmattress.com). Had them for about 3 years now. There are many companies out there to consider though. Good Luck
Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie View Post
We are buying beds this week - I have read good things about memory foam beds and have slept on one on several occasions. I like the bed but haven't heard much about Englander. I did not realize there were so many manufacturers of memory foam beds. Any opinions?
Hi there, I sell englander beding, and the reason you havent heard too much about them is because they simply don't advertise them much, Englander has been around since 1894 and they are an excelent company, the people are great and they beds are extremely comfortable. I've been selling them since december now and havent recieved even one complaint, the warentees are great and i know you wouldnt be disappointed with them. Also all of Englanders bed are made in the US, and they aren't warehouse beds, they're made when the order is placed by the company you recieve the bed. Good luck and I hope you find one that will work well for you, My personal favorite is called the Tranquility, There is probably a different name for the bed depending on the company but it has 3 inches of our visco memory foam and i my favorite bed we carry. Have a wonderful day.