Dog Meat Popular With N. Korean Women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Constance said:
I'm fairly adventurous when it comes to trying different things, and if my children were starving, I guess I'd feed them any way I could, but I'd have to be awfully desparate to cook a dog.
Dogs are so intelligent, and they have so much heart...to me, they're like fuzzy people who can't talk. (Although my little Chloe sure tries!)

Actually, pigs are supposed to be brighter than dogs, or so I've read. Birds are awfully smart, too -- my parrot talks, some do tricks. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cow (assuming they have one).

In most non-western cultures, dogs are just another animal, not part of the family, and they're considered dirty, never allowed in the house. That's not wrong, it's only different.

Of course, our problem is that we anthropomorphize our pets (attribute human qualities to them), which we probably shouldn't (I do it, believe me). Other cultures don't see it that way, as has been pointed out, and that's especially true in North Korea, where the population is desperate for anything to eat. I'm surprised that they haven't resorted to eating each other, like the Donner party supposedly did, so I can't fault them too much for eating dogs.

wasabi said:
I find nothing funny in eating cats and dogs.:(

I dont either wasabi. Do you recall that poll about dogs in restaurants? Wasnt sure if you knew about that one.

It just disturbs me when people eat dogs because there was no "dog" as we know it until man decided to make it his friend.

I was stationed in S. Korea in the 60's. When I ate downtown, I asked my Korean companions not to tell me what I was eating until afterwards. I have no doubt that I have eaten dog among other things...but youse better stay away from my Buddy dog :mad: :)

Back
Top Bottom