"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #41
Head Chef

Stacy, I'll bet you had no idea just how much the people on this board care for you! You have lots of brothers and sisters (big and little) who are not going to leave you alone on this until everyone knows you are all right. Everyone here is grief-stricken over Katie's news about Buck right now and we are perhaps a little over-protective. Please take good care of yourself.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #42
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Truthfully, I have been taking beta blockers for palpitations for 3 years now and had nothing to do withbp. In the last few months, my bp has been way for me. Got up to 149/96, and that was ON the beta's. The sub said "no those numbers are great!!" I'm scared to think of what it would have been off of them. He checked my foot and said, nope, not heart failure {?} and he changed me to the Coreg and I have only had a few days that it went up.
That was....a little over a month, so, it hasn't been long.

Ok, don't say anything about the unpedicured toes!!
Stacy, I have been thinking about you. Have you gone to the doctors yet. Is everything alright? Did you already post and I missed it? Hoping all is well. JoAnn

Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #43
Master Chef

No, I haven't
I won't go into the whole lengthy tale of it, but, my cardio doesn't have openings until late next week, they won't refer me to another, a regular dr will just refer me to the same place around here and then cost twice as much again.
Not to worry, if any trouble, will go to ER. Thank you for asking!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #44
Master Chef

OK, went to ER.
Edema: From my weight and sitting too long then being on feet too long. I have to start small begin excersising and get back down to normal weight, a big task ahead!!!
Will need to change my beta blocker back because heart palps have come back.
Now, on the rest of it. Seems I am depressed, not sleeping and it is all causing severe anxiety which is causing the chest pain and gasping on occasion. I am going to have to make an appointment with normal MD and go from there on getting weight down and anti depressed
You know, I forgot about this thread until Joann bumped it and just now saw some of the posts.
Bucky= LOL
David C, I just tend to drink water all day. What else is good?
MexicanKaren, I absolutely love everyone here, even Bucky,lol and I know everyone means well, even when griping at me. That is why I love my cyber family so much. We all care so much about each other. It's really nice!!
Now, get off my butt!! I went and I'm ok, except, the vampires came 3 different times to get blood to check enzymes, took chest xray and 2 EKG's, all came back good! So, I feel SO much better and am forced to really think about "what if" and fix my body NOW!!

Oh yeah and it is not fun finding out that I am allergic to Morphine, AFTER it has been administered!!
I thought she had done kilt mah!! Lord, the nurse even freaked out. She told me it might burn a little at the injection, yeah, then up my are and into my chest. Burn "a little"? OMG, I was on fire and SO much pain!! I just about broke my teeth gritting and my wrist is sore from holding the bed rail!! Lord have mercy, I NEVER want go through that again!! WHEW, what a day. I'm ready to sleep for 24 hours, or long!!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #45
Head Chef

I'm no doctor young lady, but........! Lately in the news there have been reports about drinking too much water and that being harmful. So....... that is the reason I suggested an up to date physician about all this stuff. Let us know when the first ten pounds are off! Go for it!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #46
Master Chef

hey Stacy....
buy yourself a nice digicam and go outside in search for motives.. I'm sure that will work - it did with me ;o)

So they checked everything with your heart and your kidneys is allright?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

i am so glad you went to e.r. what they told you weight etc are long term solutions.

did they suggest any meds or methods to get edema down NOW?

That would me my first concern.

be glad you are allergic to morphine. i took it for fractured food. was addicted to it in six weeks. man is it painful to quit taking it.

take care of yourself and let me know all the er doc said, please.

babe
Old 06-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #48
Head Chef

I'm proud of you, Stacy!!! Perhaps your regular doc will prescribe an antidepressant to help you get past this current rough patch...then, as you start to feel better, you'll find it easier to exercise and get the weight off. Weight gain is a major symptom of depression. Hope you follow through with your primary care doctor soon and start down the road to recovery. (So now, I'm guessing we're going to start nagging you about seeing the other doctor...) But it is because we care about you, you know that. I'm astounded by the level of genuine compassion here.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #49
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
I'm no doctor young lady, but........! Lately in the news there have been reports about drinking too much water and that being harmful. So....... that is the reason I suggested an up to date physician about all this stuff. Let us know when the first ten pounds are off! Go for it!
I will be sure to let them know about my water intake. Any suggestions on what else to drink that will quench the thirst but not be bad?

No suggestions on edema except to get up sooner and not stay on feet so long until I'm excersising better.

Did not check kidneys or liver, will talk to regular about all that. Thanks for your concern though, will keep going on this one.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Bravo!!! Glad you went to the ER !!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote