Famous Movie Lines Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hint to phinz: uttered by actress famous as female TV detective (can't think of her name) to Orson Welles, father of Joanne Woodward in this movie

I believe that's A Man For All Seasons. Great play. Pretty good movie. But Joanne Woodward wasn't in that movie. I'm going to say The Long Hot Summer, since that's the only movie that I can think of that they were in together.

Last edited:
phinz said:
I believe that's A Man For All Seasons. Great play. Pretty good movie. But Joanne Woodward wasn't in that movie. I'm going to say The Long Hot Summer, since that's the only movie that I can think of that they were in together.

you would be right again, phinz. One of my favorite oldie movies.

FWIW, that same line *was* also in Good Will Hunting like luckytrim said, but since you said it was an oldie I had to reach back into my AMC Channel memory.:wacko: For clean-up, so there's no confusion as to which quote is next, the one posted by luckytrim is from
Blazing Saddles. :-p

My new one is above, but I'll repeat it: "Hey Jess! This one smells like a dead polecat!"

phinz said:
FWIW, that same line *was* also in Good Will Hunting like luckytrim said, but since you said it was an oldie I had to reach back into my AMC Channel memory.:wacko: For clean-up, so there's no confusion as to which quote is next, the one posted by luckytrim is from
Blazing Saddles. :-p

My new one is above, but I'll repeat it: "Hey Jess! This one smells like a dead polecat!"

Near Dark

"Eventually he was hospitalized for being such a nerd."

I GOT IT! Big Chill! (Took me FOREVER though!)

Quote: "I'll be right bat" (theme from Raiders playing in the background)

Alix said:
I GOT IT! Big Chill! (Took me FOREVER though!)

Quote: "I'll be right bat" (theme from Raiders playing in the background)

HINT: The quoted character was holding a tennis racket at the time.

(Alix is being a bit of a stinker here.:) )

OOPS, sorry everybody! I got a little excited over Texas tamale's name that line and didn't notice this thread was 18 pages long! If someone in the mix guessed "I'm your Huckleberry" well done and sorry about my impulsive fingers!

How 'bout this one... "I guess it comes down to two simple choices, we can get busy living or we can get busy dying"

Jenny said:
How 'bout this one... "I guess it comes down to two simple choices, we can get busy living or we can get busy dying"

Shawshank Redemption.

Back to Alix's....

"I'll be right bat."

Hint #2....Kevin Kline plays character who uttered said quote.

Back
Top Bottom