Fifty things to eat before you die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay the boxtie i'd try. i haven't tried half of those things and i don't ever intend to *shudder*. yes i am a picky eater.

Re inclusion of the American diner breakfast in the original list.

A real compliment for the US - as this list was compiled by British citizens who have travelled extensively (as you can see from the inclusion of Durian fruits, Moreton Bay Bugs and Aussie meat pies!)

bucky, i LOOOVVVVEEEEEE bresoala! i eat it with olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper. it's delicious.
i buy proscuitto a lot too; it's delicious.
i want to try snails and fras groie fervently. i've been looking into ordering both.

i've only had 36 of the things on the list.

Last edited:
i've had a hard time recently finding bresaola. not sure why all of the local markets ran out.

the san danielle prosciutto that i've bougt recently is fantastic. just a thin strip of fat in the middle, not too salty.

and i've had 43 of the things on the list so far, not sure what some things are so i doubt i've had them. wow, ishbel wins the prize for true omnivore.

Last edited:
True omnivore?

Naaaah, more of a case of husband saying 'I bet you won't try to eat that'...!

LOL! I like it Ishbel, never turn down a dare.

Buckytom, that is nearly my recipe for potato pancakes, but I use baking powder, not soda. Wonder if that would make a difference?

Barramundi is found in the tropical waters of northern Australia. Its lesser known cousin, but equally delicious, the Mulloway is found in the colder waters of southern Australia. I have eaten both, and there is no other flavor that comes close.

As for the burger, the first thing my hubby would ask, "Does it include beetroot?" - its an Aussie 'thing'.

buckytom said:
i've had a hard time recently finding bresaola. not sure why all of the local markets ran out.

i've had trouble finding bresoala, too, bucky. i'm gonna ask the store to special-order some for me, i think. that stuff is so good.

Oh Gosh theres a lot of them i would never try!! No way! I would never eat Sushi either( sorry Sushi, no pun intended) :)lol: maybe)

aussie girl said:
Barramundi is found in the tropical waters of northern Australia. Its lesser known cousin, but equally delicious, the Mulloway is found in the colder waters of southern Australia. I have eaten both, and there is no other flavor that comes close.

As for the burger, the first thing my hubby would ask, "Does it include beetroot?" - its an Aussie 'thing'.

It has to be salt water barra though, not freshwater! Yum- we leave for Darwin on Monday and that is on my "to eat" list.:)
Beetroot is a must for any burger.
I have to change Moreton Bay Bug though, we call them Balmain Bugs. (Its a location thing)

Back
Top Bottom