Foods you hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate most seafood except for fried shrimp. I hate mint, beets, any meat to dark (wild duck, liver), gizzards, meatloaf, and probably other stuff i just can't think of now :).

urmaniac13 said:
Ohhh, poor eggs, hated so much by GB!!:LOL:
You are not allergic or anything are you? Just the personal taste? You can't eat cakes, crepes,pancakes, custards, egg based pasta etc. either? Guido, Cris's youngest who refuses to eat eggs and anything reminiscent of them(along with 99% of food varieties), but he can be tricked to eat above mentioned stuff and even like them!!;)
Well in baked goods I can eat them so cakes are fine. Pancakes I can eat, but french toast I can not. egg based pasta I can eat, but custards and crepes I can not, although I did just try a crepe the other night and was able to get it down since it was covered in chocolate sauce and strawberries.

I often wonder if it is something more of just a dislike. I don't think I am allergic, because I can eat them in certain things. My body just really rejects them in most others. The weirdest part is that when eggs are cooking the smell both repulses me and also smells kind of good at the same time. Try to figure that out out :LOL:

GB said:
The weirdest part is that when eggs are cooking the smell both repulses me and also smells kind of good at the same time. Try to figure that out out :LOL:

I have the same thing with coffee. Fresh brew can smell good, but still smells like coffee to me...which is bad. It's an odd feeling.

i'm not a picky eater- if there's a food i'm iffy 'bout, i'll cook that food 'till it's palatable to me.
2 items i despise- blacklicorice & brussels. i'll consume hanover baby brussels with plenty of butter.

GB said:
I often wonder if it is something more of just a dislike. I don't think I am allergic, because I can eat them in certain things. My body just really rejects them in most others.

I understand perfectly... it was just the case with me and mathematics when I was in school. It was not just the simple matter of my disliking the subject, my brain flatly refused to comprehend any of it, while I am pretty good with simple arithmetics!!:wacko:

Last edited:
I like just about everything except . . . organ meats, runny eggs, beets and oatmeal . . . all of which I find rather repulsive IMO.

Here are my top 3 foods that I don't like.... there is not much if anything in this world that I "hate", but I do harbor dislikes for stuff.... in order of the most disliked food:

1. MEAT LOAF - I do not, will not, can not, and just shudder at the thought of this dish, even tho it tends to be a family favorite for most. My parents made this dish at least once a week and it was the worst night of the week for me.

2. Raisins - Why ruin a perfectly good cinnamon roll, banana bread, or cheese or carrot cake (any dessert) with these nasty things???? The worst thing was to see a scrumptious cinnamon roll beggin to be eatin, only to bite into it and discover that there are big hairy raisins hidden in the folds of the dough. This really rates up there with the meatloaf.

3. Peas..... I don't like them in soup, fried rice, or anything for that matter. I will pain stakingly pick them out. BUTTTTTTTTT I will eat split pea soup, go figure????

Neat topic, welcome to the forum!!!

Here's what I detest:

Beans: Kidney, Lima, White, etc. (really any bean of this kind)
Black eyed peas (yuck!)
Fried eggs with runny yolks (only like them scrambled and hard boiled)
okra (triple yuck!)
squash
Blue Cheese
Cauliflower
Turnip and Collard Greens
Ham (mainly due to when growing up Mom would find (or seem to) the saltiest one around and now I can't stand the taste of ham)

I love liver though, both beef and chicken. But since I'm the only one in my family who likes liver, it keeps getting voted down so I rarely get it. Oh well.

I will try just about anything, and I don't think there's anything I really hate, though I didn't want to try nato when it was proffered. I have no desire to try chitterlings, tongue, tripe or brains. I love gizzards, livers and hearts. Haven't had kidneys, but don't think I want to either, and don't want to knowingly eat bugs, testicles or rodents (though I *have* had squirrel, and it was pretty good).

Eggplant (Aubergine to you Brits). Completely inedible unless there's something there--like garlic and tomato sauce--to cover the eggplant taste. And if it's an older, bitter one, even that won't help. (When I was about 6, my mom stood over me and made me chew and swallow a helping of breaded, fried eggplant. I did manage to swallow it, but it didn't stay down...)

When I was about 6, my mom stood over me and made me chew and swallow a helping of breaded, fried eggplant. I did manage to swallow it, but it didn't stay down...)

I know that feeling well. I was at boarding school, about 8 or 9 I think (it was a very long time ago) and we had steak & kidney pie. I hid the kidney in an empty gem squash case but was caught and made to eat it. The staff regretted it as they had to clean up from the dining room to the toilets.

sattie said:
The worst thing was to see a scrumptious cinnamon roll beggin to be eatin, only to bite into it and discover that there are big hairy raisins hidden in the folds of the dough.

Are you sure they were raisins? I have never seen a hairy one in my life. Try eating a roll with your eyes closed so you can't see them. They won't go crunch in your mouth and they won't bite back. :LOL:

Snoop Puss said:
Are you sure they were raisins? I have never seen a hairy one in my life. Try eating a roll with your eyes closed so you can't see them. They won't go crunch in your mouth and they won't bite back. :LOL:

LOL.... Sorry, no they are not hairy, I guess I was just showing my distaste for them... this is a good laugh to start my day!!!

Back
Top Bottom