Friday 13th - Discuss the bad luck you have had to day, in this thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a backstabbing e-mail at work today...wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been addressed to several other people, too. Good thing I have the documentation to back myself and my position up.

I got a backstabbing e-mail at work today...wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been addressed to several other people, too. Good thing I have the documentation to back myself and my position up.

Let 'em have it, PF. Do some serious front stabbing!

I posted this in the funnies thread but it probably fits better here.

I'm sitting outside my 35th high school reunion. It's a multi-year gathering & I think I've talked to everyone I know. The band just started and I can hear it half way across the parking lot. The committee picked today for the reunion because our school mascot is Blackcats.
My back is starting to bother me & I don't tolerate very loud places well. It was loud enough with everyone just visiting without the band. I think I'm heading home early.

483961_4279324431131_1634794638_n.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your tooth ache, I so know how bad that can be having had an infection in one of mine a few months back...it was a back molar and it was so bad I had to go into hospital and have ut surgically removed :ohmy: :(

Have you booked in to see your dentist?

I go to see him Wednesday. Today he called in some antibiotics and 800 mg IBUprofin. The pain I had today actually put me in tears so I better not put this off any longer!

Probably someone jealous of your supreme awesomeness! I hate people who do stuff like that. :mad:

Back when I was roommates and friends, but not sweeties, with my now, ex DH he had a Friday the 13th incident.

He pulled out of an alley onto a biggish street and misjudged the speed of the approaching car. His car was, as a friend put it, smashed to ratshit. He didn't have insurance and was definitely at fault. Damage to the other car was covered by the uninsured drivers fund.

However, there was good luck too. Normally this man always wore his seat belt. This one time he didn't. He has no idea why he didn't put on his seat belt. The drivers side of the car was completely crushed. Since he wasn't wearing a seat belt, he was pushed into the passenger side of the car and was uninjured. He might not have survived if he had been belted in. It's not often that it's better not to wear a seat belt.

I'm still not sure why she even did it...there was no rhyme or reason to it. Like I said, if she had not made it public, there would have been no problem, but since she did, I have to protect myself.

She hasn't seen me supremely awesome, yet...I just hope I can be all that without starting to cry. I have a hard time with being so angry I start crying.

PrincessFiona60 said:
She hasn't seen me supremely awesome, yet...I just hope I can be all that without starting to cry. I have a hard time with being so angry I start crying.

Oh my gosh, that is me! I hate that I cry when I get angry- it sends the wrong message. I wish you luck dealing with this, and may there be no misplaced tears.

I sure hope it goes ok. :(
I don't cry when I am angry but I do get my feelings hurt easily.. that's when I cry and I hate being that sensitive.

PrincessFiona60 said:

Oh, PF. Hope it all works out. Life has a way with evening the score for mean people.

When I get angry, I get all steely, clipped and cold-sounding. I don't usually raise my voice, though I can! To quote David Banner, "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."

Get out Excaliber, and practice on some watermelons, you are indeed awesome!

Last edited:

Yes, make sure you take this further Fiona, that is not on!! :mad:

I go to see him Wednesday. Today he called in some antibiotics and 800 mg IBUprofin. The pain I had today actually put me in tears so I better not put this off any longer!

So pleased you are seeing your dentist soon, you cant keep putting up with that kind of pain :(

I hope you get through the next few days okay

I dont believe in Friday 13th bad luck and all that mallarkey. I have difficulty remembering what day it is anyway so means nowt to me :)

Its good to be me.;)

Well let's see...I left the office at noon and took the afternoon off as planned, then we went shopping and out for dinner. So it was a good day! *knock-on-wood* nothing happens today to make up for yesterday. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom