"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I often see and feel animal ghosts. I was at my aunt's house and in the middle of the night a wonderful wet nose nudged me awake. I looked at him and he just wanted a hand. I raised my hand and he licked it and went away. The next morning I just though Casey, my aunt's yellow lab, had gotten out of the room. I asked and she said no. I then asked if Hawken was black. He was and had died and was buried outside the house where we were. He was just lonely and all the people there had him looking for some love.

Yes ~ I believe in ghosts. I've experienced many. I'm in my new house tonight and we'll see if there are any here.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
ITK, you're not a whacko. I believe in the paranormal myself. I've had way too many experiences not to.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I believe in ghosts hve had some experience however I think Ghost Hunters is a bunch of bull. Anybody can get big eyed and yell OMG did you feel that?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Check this out I've been to this hotel for lunch. Cimmaron is only thirty miles from Raton we may be buying a house there at least thats what DH wants. Real interesting if you like wild west history.

The Ghosts of the St James Hotel - Cimarron, New Mexico

Ghostly Legends & Mysteries - Ghosts, Hauntings and Mysteries
Old 09-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #15
Master Chef

I live in an old house (155) in an old town in a historic district, so people are always asking me about ghosts. I have been asked many times if I have ghosts. I don't think I do, but have house guests who insist that I do. When I first moved here I had "ghost scents" -- I could smell someone walking down the hall with a cigarette. I've never smoked, hubby hasn't in our 27 years together, and neither of my neighbors do. It was a cigarette (not stale cigarette smoke). The other was cedar, it smelled just like a newly opened cedar chest. I lost a lot of my sense of smell with menopause, and don't smell them anymore. I'm not sure if my ghost deserted me or if I just can't smell him/her any more.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
Head Chef

Anyone else a big Ghost Hunters fan on the Sci Fi channel? They have caught some pretty strange things.

I know where there's a haunted house in WY, with a benevolent departed resident. Here's a picture of it!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
Master Chef

My mother loved gardenias. I don't have any of them anywhere around my house, or my neighbors. There have been times when I smell them in my house and I think of Mom. My sister had an experience in her previous home where she and hubby were in the family room, the kids were in bed (infant and 2 yr old). Hubby saw a woman walk through the kitchen. When they went to check it out, all the cabinets and drawers were open. No one else in the house. Also a couple of years later, her daughter was around 3 yrs old and was playing candyland with my mom. her daughter started talking about her house caught on fire and described the fire that burned part of the house my grandparents lived in. My mom was small when it happened and only had vague memories and hadn't told any of her own kids about it. During the same game, my mom said something about candyland being one of her favorite games and my niece replied "yes, I know. We used to play it all the time when you were little." Mom was convinced that her own mother was communicating through her granddaughter.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

my place may be haunted. i live in an old apartment between 6th ave & broadway in manhattan's west village. i've heard a few eerie noises but i suppose it could've been someone messing around on the fire escape. i asked the landlord and he had no idea so who knows...
Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #19
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Here is a thread I started quite some time ago

Does/Has anyone lived in a haunted house?

I do believe, and have seen enough to believe, that it is too real to NOT be real.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
Anyone else a big Ghost Hunters fan on the Sci Fi channel? They have caught some pretty strange things.

I know where there's a haunted house in WY, with a benevolent departed resident. Here's a picture of it!

Yep I watch Ghost Hunters every week