"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
Going crazy right now

OK it's 1:00 am and I'm at work about 20 minutes ago my hubby called and told me my daughter put her trail blazer in the ditch swerving to miss a deer. She split her lip, but is otherwise ok. Just upset, crying hystarically(sp). and I can't be there to calm her down. Not to mention my husband is not the greatest at handleing this type of thing. Usually yells and tells you what you did wrong before anything else. I hate not being able to be there, but I'm the only one at work and there is nobody that could even cover for me. This totally stinks!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

so sorry to hear this. she will be fine and you will be able to leave soon, i hope.

babe

Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Mikki,
I'm sorry, at least she is ok..I'm sure she knows her dad well enough to know he's gonna be upset..My dh and I were both at work at our pharmacy when my daughter call from a freeway to tell us her car had caught fire..We were both in shock, but he calmly go us in a car and we went and pick her up.Poor thing was afraid her dad would blow a gasket, but surprise he nearly started to cry when he got to her...You just never know..
kadesma
Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I hate deer.
I'm glad she's ok....I almost hit one on the freeway on my way to work last sunday. I always see them on the roads on the way to the highway, so I drive REALLY (probably overly) slow, but I never see them ON the freeway..... alive anyway.
Were you able to get her calmed down on the phone?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Suzi-I would get her calmed down then have to hang up for a guest, then when I called back she was bawling again. Hubby decided to take her to the ER for her lip, they put 3 stitches in it. Tooth almost went through it. I think it is harder for me, excepting the fact that this is the first time in 18 years that I haven't been able to be there for her.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #6
Executive Chef

I am so sorry to here about your daughter's accident.
Thank God she is just shaken.
It's hard for some men to feel they don't have control over things, and react the way your hubby does because of that feeling. And the less they feel in control, the more they react, unfortunately.
But things will calm down. I'm sure of it.

Just know, last night was a huge full moon, and that is prime time for night deer movement. So be especially careful the next couple of nights.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
Sous Chef

Deer are always out in our neck of the woods, we've told her a thousand times to slow down a night, but that 18 year old attitude ( I KNOW MOM) always wins out. Hopefully she learned something. I'm heading home to check out the damage done to her trail blazer, then catch some sleep.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
Executive Chef

I'm glad shes ok. :)
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki View Post
Deer are always out in our neck of the woods, we've told her a thousand times to slow down a night, but that 18 year old attitude ( I KNOW MOM) always wins out. Hopefully she learned something. I'm heading home to check out the damage done to her trail blazer, then catch some sleep.
true but going any slower might not help.. last year i was driving west and i saw a deer jump from the south so i stopped my car. the deer was scared and kept going and HIT my dang car. 3000$ worth of damage.

but yeah, i see your POV, if she would have been going 3MPH less, she maybe would not have had to swerve to miss the deer.

most important, cars are replaceable, people are not..
Old 06-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I hope you're both feeling better this morning.