Hey DC community...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubiksolved

Assistant Cook
can anyone point me to stories or examples of when everyone said "it can't be done" and one person proved them all wrong...

I feel discouraged.... and just need a little inspiration.. : /

oh, goodness, you're one of those types...........jest kidding..........just looking at your avatar I have to ask what you feel discouraged about...........seriously...........I never solved a rubiks cube in my life and I don't feel the least bit discouraged.......I hate those sorta games (like Sudoku)cause they involve another part of the brain.........but give me Pictionary, Charades, etc,. then I'm Mighty Mouth...........

to answer your question I will give the boring answer that my husband, who is a control freak over the checkbook, handed it to me one month to balance....he got tired of me writing a check or two without recording it and thought that he'd teach me a lesson because he admitted that he really didn't think that I could do it.............it rightly annoyed him to no end that I balanced it all......you know,,,,,,,,,,,I've never had to prove myself again though I've asked to "help" him out if he needs it :):).......

my father in law was the epitome of don't tell me I can't .........cause he did.......he was always inventing new things........he was brilliant.......when some lawyer acted superior he responded with.......well, I'm going to go to law school and be an engineer, too, at the same time........and he did.......when the doctors told him that he didn't have long to live with his COPD he was like a raging bull and he proved them wrong.......his motto was "there is no such words as ""I can't""

I know you'll have other inspirational posts here.......if you're in a slump.......I promise you'll get out of it.........hang in there........but I like inspirationals, too :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom