"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

Well done! I know it's difficult to lose weight when you enjoy food so much.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Way to go, man! Cut a rug, brother!

Old 03-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Its Diet Chef it simple you just get your partner to lock all the other food up and eat their prepared food with lots of green veg and some fruit.
Ps Bill mate I could murder a huge steak chips and at least 2 pints of Guinness followed by spotted dick and custard.
Thanks for the link. Looks like average meal portions run 300g and are 300 calories.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
Senior Cook

love that story...I'm so glad you feel better and I bet your wife will love the surprise!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Wow Bolas! That's great. So glad your health is improved! Have a great time dancing with your DW!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking
Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Congrats to you Bolas!! VERY Sincerely too might I add. Your joy REALLY "tugged me ole' heartstrings"...I have AWFUL knees too :( When I was heavier, loads of tears I cried from pain. My options are A.) surgery, or B.) cortisone shots. (&, I suppose there is a C.- stay off of them most of the time). None of my options appeal much to me. Honestly though, I fear the cortisone shots the most. Had both of my knees done once in the same day, &...I gosh darn near died in my Dr's office. GOLLY IT HURT!!
Again, just wanted to send you a huge dose of happiness & *hugs even*...hope you & your wife have a fantastic time shaggin' it up on the dance floor!! :)
Old 03-25-2011, 02:16 AM   #17
Executive Chef

More thanks to you all.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Merlot View Post
Congrats to you Bolas!! VERY Sincerely too might I add. Your joy REALLY "tugged me ole' heartstrings"...I have AWFUL knees too :( When I was heavier, loads of tears I cried from pain. My options are A.) surgery, or B.) cortisone shots. (&, I suppose there is a C.- stay off of them most of the time). None of my options appeal much to me. Honestly though, I fear the cortisone shots the most. Had both of my knees done once in the same day, &...I gosh darn near died in my Dr's office. GOLLY IT HURT!!
Again, just wanted to send you a huge dose of happiness & *hugs even*...hope you & your wife have a fantastic time shaggin' it up on the dance floor!! :)
Merl you have more guts than me, I had shots into my shoulder bone and hand bones but under local anesthetic 2 yrs ago, the Doc who did it is called Lourdes Gaspar he is an Indian Christian and a good cook his recipe for lamb kebabs requie a deft touch.
Ps Shagging, I nearly choked when I read that, it has a very different meaning in the UK.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:23 AM   #19
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Merl you have more guts than me, I had shots into my shoulder bone and hand bones but under local anesthetic 2 yrs ago, the Doc who did it is called Lourdes Gaspar he is an Indian Christian and a good cook his recipe for lamb kebabs requie a deft touch.
Ps Shagging, I nearly choked when I read that, it has a very different meaning in the UK.
LOL....pelase forgive if my termonagly(sp) was a bit "off"...I thought on is some, &, figured it out FINALLY(thanks Austin Powers)...Now, if you & your wife have THAT much fun on the dance floor, I promise that I would look the other way, but STILL be would be quite happy for you anyhow! Funny little language differences, huh? LOL
As for those shots....UGH!! I drove to my appt. in a 5 speed BEAUTIFUL Mustang. Dr. said "no prob...you will be just fine to drive home", then, took these cow tranqualizer-looking shot tubes & proceeded to lodge the needles under my kneecaps....the Lord visited me that day I am sure of it...when you suck in air makiing a gasping noise with your eyes about to pop out - beware. My youngest daughter went w/me to that appt. I remember her saying(she was 6/7 at the time) "call a cab Mom....I don't think that you should drive this car -HOW are you gonna be able to use the clutch?!?!?!"...HAHAHA..I somehow made it home, but, didn't walk again for like 2 weeks. Dose wuz baaad times! :(
Old 03-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

bolas, way to go!!! lol @ the public shagging.

when you're ready to take her for the last dance of the evening, whisper to her one of my favourite least known movie lines, paraphrased a bit, "don't you think i am aware you're my woman? i can smell you like a flower. i can taste you like sugar on my tongue. when I'm 20 feet away i can hear the fabric of your dress when you move in your chair!"

good luck.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote