Ina Garten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Just heard about cookbook Ina Garton wrote where she bakes broccoli. I prepared it the way she suggested and was it good. I saw her on tv and she mentioned the book and the recipe. Has anyone baked broccoli on a sheet pan before? Really makes it taste different.

Also have to have basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, parmesan cheese. Everybody asked for seconds and there wasn't any.

Just heard about cookbook Ina Garton wrote where she bakes broccoli. I prepared it the way she suggested and was it good. I saw her on tv and she mentioned the book and the recipe. Has anyone baked broccoli on a sheet pan before? Really makes it taste different.

Also have to have basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, parmesan cheese. Everybody asked for seconds and there wasn't any.
I haven't tried that one, but I love a lot of her recipes.All I've tried were wonderfula dn there was nothing left over.

kadesma

Ina Garton of Edam ?

img_715321_0_c700034733ab9848dd568013819ff860.gif

No I've never baked mine but I have had them fried before and just like cauliflower it does completely give it a different flavor!

I have one of Ina's cook books and so far everything I have made has been wonderful. I like her recipes because they have a very clean flavor!

I do that with lots of veggies. Brussels sprouts, carrots, asparagus, cauliflower. All great.

Roasting broccoli (and all other vegetables) is my favorite way to cook them. High heat, lightly tossed in olive oil with a dash of sea salt and pepper. Heavenly. I haven't met a vegetable that didn't taste great roasted. I always thought I disliked brussel sprouts and beets; turns out I just had never had them cooked the right way. :-p Now they're two of my favorites.

Add some roasted nuts (pine, hazle, pecan, almond, etc). A squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of basalmic. With a little pecorino or parmesan even veggie haters may ask for seconds.

:heart:
Z

I always thought I disliked brussel sprouts and beets; turns out I just had never had them cooked the right way. :-p Now they're two of my favorites.

Amen! Too many people "dislike" certain veggies (as well as other foods) just because they never got to sample them cooked in a different manner. I always disliked okra because of its slimey nature, until I had it batter dipped and deep fried, and again I got to try it pickled. I can now enjoy something I disliked before.

Keep sampling, people. You could be pleasantly surprised one day.

JoeV

Back
Top Bottom