Is Anyone following the Summer Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How can you not go wrong with 5 networks airing Olympics coverage all at the same time!!!

you might say that he was a jerk.

lol, sorry, not exactly my rapier wit best, there.

Last edited by a moderator:
you might say that he was a jerk.

lol, sorry, not exactly my rapier wit best, there.

Bucky T, you are a punny fellow.

Oh, and I know U2 is Irish, but aren't they the British Isles? I just figured. My apologies to all our English and Irish members. :innocent:

Oh, and I know U2 is Irish, but aren't they the British Isles? I just figured. My apologies to all our English and Irish members. :innocent:

Depends on if you're asking North, or the South. Same with Scotland, might be part of The Isles, but still, don't runna around calling a Scot, a Brit!

I am sitting here laughing. Sort of like saying Canadiens are Brits also. Same Queen! But I understand your thinking. A lot of Americans think the same way. :LOL:

A note of interest

Aly, the American gymnast is a local girl. Her family is friends with some jewelers located down on Cape Cod, in Falmouth. They made her a pair of earings that have alternately rubies and saphires in a circle with a diamond in the middle. She was given permission to wear them during her competitions. If the USA team takes the team gold, they will make a pair for the other four girls. If they do a head shot of her, you will be able to see them. They are very pretty and dainty. :angel:

I generally watch every bit of the Summer and Winter Olympics that I can. Even sports I don't normally watch are better on the Olympics. I haven't been able to see much this time (not home, and when we are the channel doesn't always come in right), but I have seen some of the swimming, synchronized diving, beach volleyball, rowing, and gymnastics. James started talking a lot during one of the events last night, and finally I just had to set him straight with a firm (but nice) stare and, "I take my Olympics VERY SERIOUSLY." :angel:

Someone mentioned curling. I love to watch curling in the Winter Olympics!

I love the inspirational stories they tell about the athletes too. :cool:

lol, bolas. i've always liked rowan.

no apologies needed, lp. it's a common mistake of history. you know, where the victorious get to name things for a while.

although ask any free irishman, and they'll tell you that ireland is not british, and it is an island nation unto itself.

irish math: 26 + 6 = 1

:)

ok, back to the olympics.

i need to start wearing a cup every time they show a boxing match. my boy is really getting into these olympics... :blink:

lol, bolas. i've always liked rowan.

no apologies needed, lp. it's a common mistake of history. you know, where the victorious get to name things for a while.

although ask any free irishman, and they'll tell you that ireland is not british, and it is an island nation unto itself.

irish math: 26 + 6 = 1

:)

ok, back to the olympics.

i need to start wearing a cup every time they show a boxing match. my boy is really getting into these olympics... :blink:

So after little league, he will start training for the Olympics? Or has training alreaddy started? :huh:

Northern Ireland is British. Those of us from the UK are British. Irish are Irish, Scots are Scottish, those from Wales are Welsh, and those from England are English.

Addie said:
Early Monday morning and the equestrian events are on. Cross country. YEA! My favorite event. :wub::wub:

I was unaware that there were equestrian events in the olympics until I saw them this morning. So sad about the one that slipped and fell. It must be crazy getting both yourself and your horse to the events.

Back
Top Bottom