"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #31
Executive Chef

I love DC not just for the comaderie (sp?)but how many of you has have such a great love and empathy for animals not just our own but everyone else.Really makes me emotional.Thats a good thing,no a great thing.God bless you all and your pets and all creatures.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #32
Master Chef

I wish I was better at computer work, because I just got one of those forwarded emails I often delete without even reading. But it was about a 6-year-old taking it very calmly when his old dog was put down. His response:

"People are born so that they can learn to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"

Vet and parents agreed.

"Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Old 06-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Profound

Claire, that is good one! Wonder whose child that was? Sure deep insight.

like you said taking care of as many dogs as my niece does really baffles me. I know she resented me putting my dog down because it got completely blind but I myself saw the dog was disgusted with herself. She just fell on the vet's table as if to say, get it over with. She was housebroken and she couldn't find her way out even when I tried to direct her. She actually got mad at me and went back the other way many times. She was smart dog. My niece has to go on vacation and she does put them all in kennel. Can you imagine the cost? She get so much percentage but not completely. I am very thankful she has husband who likes dogs the way she does. Don't know how this came about so many dogs, but I believe it has something to do with her daughter running off and never came back. This may keep her mind off of where she is. She is taking care of her daughter's child too. She is 7. Her dogs are blind, can't hear, one had leg removed, like she is running a nursing home. It is wonder the owners don't have any guilt about giving them up. They just get another puppy. People!

I only wish I could pick a dog for this old one of mine. I know she sleeps lot but people do this too when they age. She is always smelling for the other dog. Especially when I have to leave acts so down. I couldn't leave before when other dog had diabetes now this one doesn't want me to go.