Jury Duty....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are done!
It was a pretty costly week... 100 dollar ticket
40 dollars parking and 4-5 gallons of missing gas!!! Yep, some idiot decided
he needed the gas in my tank more than I did. I was half way home Tuesday night
when the "check engine" light went on. Paul has a computer program that will tell us what's wrong with the car. We unplugged my computer from the office and moved it to the garage then hooked it to the car. It showed that for some reason the car was losing gas fumes. After fiddling with belts and tubes and checking fluids, we discovered that the gas cap was off! Paul keeps track of every sent spent on gas and gallons bought and milage. He was able to tell that the gas was missing. I told a policeman at the court house the next day he pretty much just said "OH".... and walked away. I knew there was nothing that they could do but any feeling or reaction would have been nice.

It was a car accident trial that we were hearing... days of accident reports...medical reports.. dates and numbers .. and boredom. We were to figure
out how much pain and suffering the victim had and then pick an amount to give him. He wanted 150,000 dollars. After hearing everything and listening to all the facts we decided that he didn't deserve any thing close to that.

It was a really interesting week. The other people on the jury were
really nice and one even gave cooking classes! I wouldn't mind doing another trial
if it were in Issy and not Seattle. I never ever want to drive or park down there again! It's just toooooo costly!

Trish

Back
Top Bottom