Kitchen Nightmares back on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PastaKing

Senior Cook
I meant Kitchen Nightmares lol. Anyone know when it's coming back on?

Last edited:
From this week, they are showing it twice a week here. It is the USA version which is more volatile but not as well done as the English version. Still, would love for him to come out here and critic some of Perth's restaurants. I think most of our restauranteurs would pack up shop before he crossed their thresholds!! Not used to being criticised by anybody they believe counts!

PastaKing, I believe it's back on April 1.

BTW, don't forget to watch his original show on BBC America!

Good:) I have seen his other show on BBC, as well as Youtube. I would like to know what goes on that we don't see. I just find it hard for him to ALWAYS save the business. He saves the day each time? YEA RIGHT! Can't happen.

I saw Emeril once and couldn't get over what a fake he is. He had prep guys cooking the food that was given out, and he never used the BAM product. He had food that was already cooked. None of us ate anything that he made. There were a few people up front who got to taste some of it, but were told to eat around the outside, because the food wasn't cooked all the way in the time they had.

But don't forget they screen the restaurants first. He is unlikely to choose a restaurant that is so far gone that it can't be saved.

Right, plus, don't they give the owner money for being on tv?

Not heard anything about a cash payment only the money they invest in revamping the joint. Just by being on tv they are guaranteed a greater amount of patrons at least for a short while, so the restaurant gets a pretty hefty boost however you want to look at it, even if the place is a complete disaster and still goes under. We have a similar programme here called The Chopping Block where two restaurants go head to head under a review, get $5K to revamp and one of our top chefs giving advise to the two restaurants' chefs (in addition to redesigning the menu). Both restaurants get re-reviewed and the winner gets $20K (?). Not bad but too much presenter, not enough chef!!

Back
Top Bottom