Well we bought a kitchen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
taxy, I drink red wine most of the time. Chilling isn't an issue. BUT that is a good idea while I have my one box of white during the summer.

@Cooking Goddess That may be doable! I find many are not introverted when it comes to football! šŸ˜
This is a true fact. Even Himself can work up enthusiasm when it comes to football.

Congratulations! Beautiful.
Thanks, @msmofet!
Nice looking kitchen. I have all sorts of ideas for a coffee bar...

We do hope to head back up next year for a Browns game again, unless we get play off tickets (Playoffs.. don't talk to me.about.. PLAYOFFS?)
But do those ideas actually involve coffee, @FrankZ? :ROFLMAO:

Also:

taxy, I drink red wine most of the time. Chilling isn't an issue. BUT that is a good idea while I have my one box of white during the summer.
Are you telling me that none of those cupboards will fit a box of red wine? :ermm:

Is that cabinet at least tall enough to put an upright box of wine under it? I'm thinking right next to that wall on the right.

@GinnyPNW, I call that "the Box". :ROFLMAO:

Are you telling me that none of those cupboards will fit a box of red wine? :ermm:

Is that cabinet at least tall enough to put an upright box of wine under it? I'm thinking right next to that wall on the right.
I thought we were talking about the wine cooler? Of course the box will fit in a cupboard. Or the pantry in the laundry room. Or under my bed for....:ermm: uh, never mind. :angel:

@GinnyPNW, I call that "the Box". :ROFLMAO:

I thought we were talking about the wine cooler? Of course the box will fit in a cupboard. Or the pantry in the laundry room. Or under my bed for....:ermm: uh, never mind. :angel:
Cooler, for red wine? The only time I have seen a good reason for red wine in a cooler was when it was a red bubbly. I haven't seen it in a long time, but Henkell Kardinal is / was a red sparkling wine.

@taxlady, I don't chill red wine. The point I'm trying to make (and rather poorly, I might add) is that the wine cooler is...unnecessary for my style of wine drinking. Mostly red, box in cupboard or pantry, pour out a half-glass in the late evening once or twice to sip while I read. I go through a 5 liter box of red wine monthly; I might use only one or, possibly two, boxes of white a year. No need for a cooler. BUT we can move it to the garage to store it and I can put my bar stool that Himself trimmed to fit so that I can sit at the counter to do food prep work. See? I put that space between the cupboards to good use. :LOL:

I see there is also a gas range there (first thing I look at! lol). You'll be spending a lot of time in that kitchen, esp. being part of the living area! Can't wait to see some of the dishes from your new kitchen.
Dave, that's the first thing I was looking for, too! Every other house we looked at, whether used or to be built, had a glass top electric stove. As soon as I saw the photos for this house, I spotted the gas stove. It's just like my SIL's, which I use when we visite them in NC. As a bonus, the microwave fan vents to the outside! Now I can make smashburgers and not set off every smoke detector in the house. :giggle:

As a bonus, the microwave fan vents to the outside! Now I can make smashburgers and not set off every smoke detector in the house. :giggle:
Reminds me of a meme I saw on FB.
I don't need Alexa. I need a smoke detector that shuts up when I holler "It's just toast."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom