"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #151
Executive Chef

okay, i just noticed this thread, I'll try to post 4 pictures of my main kitchen and one of the canning kitchen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0025.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	4106   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0026.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	4107  

Name:	DSCF0028.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	4108   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0029.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	4109  

Name:	DSCF0038.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	4110  

Old 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #152
Head Chef

Oh, how I envy you your canning kitchen. It would be a great place to steam tamales, too!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #153
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart View Post
Not hardly!

I have pictures of my kitchen before knocking it down. It's a nightmare I would rather not remember. In a previous thread I mentioned how there were joist in the back of the house that needed replacing, there were a few under the kitchen that needed replaced too. And a mouse (mice?) had stashed at least a 5 pound sack of cat food under the cabinets.

Wife insisted on this house because of the amount of money we could save. It only cost me my sanity.

The whole house needed reworking so we rented a 10 yard dumpster and filled it with 'house'. This is where the kitchen stalled.

Click the image to see a larger version.

Wife asks me when I'm going to finish it. I remind Wife how when you start with a nightmare and get it to only a not-disturbing dream it can be lived with for quite a while.

Whach you think of the lights? LOL, It was Industrial lights done this way or crawl through the attic with pink insulation to do the wiring .... I hate pink insulation (pathologically) ... Some day I'll put in real fixtures, probably after going on Valium.

Yes, the floor is urethaned plywood. We took up the carpet in the bedroom with the intent of putting down hardwood, discovered the room really could use a second sub floor. Put the sub down, urethaned it to seal it, it didn't look bad so I started running numbers and found we could second sub floor with urethane the entire house for the cost of doing one room in hard wood. It's quite functional.
Thanks for the inspiration Wart I am copying your floor