Last thing that made you cry ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning, my mother, must have called me 6 times to ask me the same question..It hurts like blazes to see her like this..I feel so helpless at times.

kadesma

callie said:
:( I'm sorry, kadesma. That's got to be hard. Does your mom live nearby?
Yes Callie, she lives right behind me in a mobile home, so at least I can be close and watch out for her. It is hard to see her this way, she has always been fun, sweet,giving and bright..This change is very hard to accept.
kadesma..But, I'm trying

prayers for you, kadesma - and your mom, too.
7.gif
it's wonderful that she is so close, though.

middie said:
aww kadesma... she has alzheimer's ?
I think so Middie,
it just makes me so angry to see her this way..She does know something is wrong, but not what we suspect.
kadesma

middie said:
kadesma i'm so sorry. i had no idea. and here i'm crying cause my mom went home.
Don't feel sorry Middie, You didn't know and it makes my heart happy to know how you feel about your mom..That makes us both very lucky women..Just keep on loving her Middie..She's a special lady.
kadesma:) It's nice to know that I can come here and talk with you if I need to. Thank you.

kadsema, i'm sorry about your Mother. i know how fiercely you can love and appreciate your Mom and it just must take its toll on you to see the effects of aging in your Mother.
seniors are some of the most charismatic, interesting people
you could come across; they have some of the best (and most humbling) stories you could hear.
you two will be in my thoughts and prayers.
may her health improve.

Kadesma, my prayers are with you, your mom, & family! I know how hard it is to watch someone you love go through these things.

The last time I cried was about 5 minutes ago. I just recieved an email from our preacher's wife that an elderly gentleman, who I have known since I was 3, had a heart attack & passed away around midnight last night.

I cried about an hour ago cause I wished I could hug my mum just once more even for a minute. She died 3 years ago but some days its seems very raw and sad. She was a beautiful person and I loved her so much but at least I have great memories.
Now I'm crying again...
Some days are like that I guess.

The last time I cried was Monday morning when I crashed my car. I have neuropathy in my feet and lower legs, and when I stopped at an intersection, I hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. When the car started rolling, I thought my brakes were failing, and punched it all the way to the floor. I broad-sided a Chevy Silverado truck with my Buick Century, his rear wheel caught my left front end, and sent me on a wild ride, spinning 270 degrees and stopping just 2 feet from a utility pole. Somebody upstairs must have been looking out for me.
Thank God for seatbelts! I don't have a scratch on me...just sore from where the belt restrained me.
My car is totaled, but nobody got hurt, and the driver of the truck was more worried about me than his vehicle. Even the cop was nice.
I don't think I'm going to replace my car. I've been afraid of something like this, and have decided I really don't need to be driving.

Kadesma, I'm sorry about your mom...I know that's hard to watch. Here's a hug.

I'm sorry too, Kadesma. I can understand how you feel.

It was yesterday for me. As I told you yesterday about my dog. Heart Attack. Seeing him inactive. When he looks into my eyes deeply and I can't doing anything, helpless. His eyes like waiting for a hand. Oh my god. Sometimes life is so interesting that I can't understand why bad things find of good, innocent people. "Like a test" that we have to overcome. And sometimes I think that we forget to give thanks to God.

Constance, I'm so glad you are okay. You had someone with HIS hand on your shoulder thank goodnes. Msalper thank you. I'm a dog lover and have a black and tan doxie so I know just what your feeling for your pupper..Will pray for him..Mrsmac, I know how you miss your mom, at times it seems unbearable and hurts like the dickens..Just remember, your mom knows how you love her..Remember the good times and the bad, and hold them close. Crewsk, Thank you, I'll pray for your friend from church, these things are hard to accept, but, after we do peace comes. Luvs, you see just how I feel and I thank you...You are wise beyond your young years.

Each of you I thank you..I knew this was a great place to visit, but, until now I didn't realize just how special each and everyone of you are. Hugs to you all.
kadesma

Kadesma, I'm so sorry that you and your mom and your family have to go through this. I'll say prayers for you, too. It's nice to read about so many people who appreciate and love their families - their moms! My mom lives with my husband and I and the girls, and she brings so much to our family. Her sister recently spent a whole month with us, returning last Sunday with my sister to Cape Town, South Africa. We thought she may be in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's as well, but while she was visiting, she had a stroke, and we found out she's had many 'mini' strokes and that was the reason behind the loss of her short term memory. It's sad to see her lose some of her feisty spirit, but I thank God that we have a close family and she is going to be well taken care of.

What made me tear up most recently was last night at the video store. I heard this little girl of maybe two asking her mom questions, over and over and over. I could see her mom was tired, and so was the little girl. The mom looked like she was just on the verge of being angry, but she stayed calm - I remember feeling like that, too. In the line to pay, the little one held up her arms and said to her mom, "I pick you up", meaning, of course, "hold me, Mommy". Her mom did, planting a bunch of kisses in her soft little neck. Oy vey! Even typing this brings back memories. -Sandyj

Sandyj said:
Kadesma, I'm so sorry that you and your mom and your family have to go through this. I'll say prayers for you, too. It's nice to read about so many people who appreciate and love their families - their moms! My mom lives with my husband and I and the girls, and she brings so much to our family. Her sister recently spent a whole month with us, returning last Sunday with my sister to Cape Town, South Africa. We thought she may be in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's as well, but while she was visiting, she had a stroke, and we found out she's had many 'mini' strokes and that was the reason behind the loss of her short term memory. It's sad to see her lose some of her feisty spirit, but I thank God that we have a close family and she is going to be well taken care of.

What made me tear up most recently was last night at the video store. I heard this little girl of maybe two asking her mom questions, over and over and over. I could see her mom was tired, and so was the little girl. The mom looked like she was just on the verge of being angry, but she stayed calm - I remember feeling like that, too. In the line to pay, the little one held up her arms and said to her mom, "I pick you up", meaning, of course, "hold me, Mommy". Her mom did, planting a bunch of kisses in her soft little neck. Oy vey! Even typing this brings back memories. -Sandyj
Thank you Sandy, I'll pray for your aunt too. I agree that it is wonderful to see that others treasure their mothers and fathers.I love having my mom live right next door...It's something I've always wanted. We had my m-i-l here before my mom and it gave my dh time to spend with her and do things for her..I did the same with my dad when he and mom moved here. I miss him terribly as does mom. But, I believe in life after, so each time I see a himmingbird, and the little thing comes almost up to my face, it's as if my dad is there saying hello...
These little ones are so precious and yes they can ask a million questions, my grandson talks to me the whole time he is with me..But, before he leave to go home, he will come hug me and say hold me Ma...:LOL:
What more could we wish for?
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom