"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #21
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Lindatoo;

You just touched on a point we dicussed yesterday. It was brought out that so many are concerned with win win situations of late. This is not a bad idea, but falls short of what our true goal should be. That is, a win win is good for both parties involved, but satisfies no ohter needs. A win win win situation not only satisfies both parties, but also satisfies the needs of a dis-interested third party, in this case, the baby. The Mother gets a great gift that will help her nurture and give comfort to the child. The Father has pride from not only a job well done (with constructing a great piece of furniture), but reaps the benefits of giving of himself for his wife, and their love grows. The third party, the baby, gets the joy of being cradled in Mom's arms, and gently rocked in her secure arms.

As we all move through life, let us create win win win situations. For as we expand the love we give to more than our imediate selves, and even to the people we imediately deal with, we help make this old world just a little better place to be.

We have a good example in this thread to follow.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
__________________

__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:57 PM   #22
Senior Cook
 
Charlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: near Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 316
Right on!!!

You have touched me deeply with your explanation of "Win Win Win" and I wish to thank you!!

It is a privilege to know you and Lindatoo - she mentioned it, which prompted you to explain it. Thank you as well, Linda!
__________________

__________________
Jocelyne

All things are difficult before they are easy. -Thomas Fuller (1608-61)
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #23
Master Chef
 
SizzlininIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Indiana
Posts: 5,023
That is absolutely gorgeous Cora! So is this a hobby of his or does he do woodworking for a living? Your a truely lucky lady to have such a loving husband.
__________________
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #24
Executive Chef
 
corazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
That is absolutely gorgeous Cora! So is this a hobby of his or does he do woodworking for a living? Your a truely lucky lady to have such a loving husband.
It is a hobby for right now. Though, he is getting many questions about selling his work. He probably will at some point.
__________________
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Lindatoo;

You just touched on a point we dicussed yesterday. It was brought out that so many are concerned with win win situations of late. This is not a bad idea, but falls short of what our true goal should be. That is, a win win is good for both parties involved, but satisfies no ohter needs. A win win win situation not only satisfies both parties, but also satisfies the needs of a dis-interested third party, in this case, the baby. The Mother gets a great gift that will help her nurture and give comfort to the child. The Father has pride from not only a job well done (with constructing a great piece of furniture), but reaps the benefits of giving of himself for his wife, and their love grows. The third party, the baby, gets the joy of being cradled in Mom's arms, and gently rocked in her secure arms.

As we all move through life, let us create win win win situations. For as we expand the love we give to more than our imediate selves, and even to the people we imediately deal with, we help make this old world just a little better place to be.

We have a good example in this thread to follow.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Goodweed,
I so enjoy your posts, I always come away feeling lifted up...You re-enforce my theory that if you smile, someone will smile back...Thank you for a brighter day.


kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #26
Master Chef
 
SizzlininIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA,Indiana
Posts: 5,023
He definetely has a gifted talent and I can guarantee he'd be very successful if he were to put the word out he's taking orders.
__________________
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #27
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oceanside CA
Posts: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to shayadave
That sure is a cool looking chair, what is it made out of?
__________________
it's me, dave!
visit my forum: go there
shayadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #28
Executive Chef
 
corazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayadave
That sure is a cool looking chair, what is it made out of?
It is made out of hard maple.
__________________

__________________
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.