No-name Mexican dish, mostly made in Instant Pot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
I made what I call a no-name Mexican dish - can't call it chili, since it has beans in it! :LOL: I made it with three 8 oz containers of creminis, that I cooked separately, followed by 2 lbs of venison chorizo and 1 lb of pork chorizo I had frozen.

I started by cooking 3/4 c each of black and pinto beans just 5 min in the Instant Pot, with some baking soda, then drained it. While that was cooking, I got the sauce ready, toasting all the chiles and garlic in a skillet, then cooled those. Then I charred the green chiles, and removed the skin. I cut up and cleaned the bad spots out of all my "large" tomatoes, and got a little more than 20 oz. I put all these ingredients in the Vitamix, and blended smooth. After the beans were out of the VM, I put a large chopped onion and a couple tb of olive oil, and put it on sauté, and cooked until starting to brown some, then added a couple tb tomato paste, cooked a minute, then poured in the sauce, and rinsed out the VM with about a cup of water, and added that. I also put in some cumin, Mexican oregano, some freshly ground pepper, and a half of a pellet of Mexican chocolate, broken up, and stirred to melt. I left it in sauté mode, and put a splatter screen on, and let it boil away quickly, scraping occasionally. While that was happening, I cooked the mushrooms first, using the ATK method of steaming with a little water, then boiling off the water, and adding a small amount of oil, and browning the mushrooms over med-high heat. Once those were done, I started the 3 lbs of meat, which I didn't use all of, but about 1/4 of it I cooled and I'll probably freeze it for later use.

After that sauce was very thick, I put the beans into it, then about 3 c water, and salted to taste, and set the pot to Beans mode, for just 15 min, then let the pressure release naturally, while doing the other things. When opened, the beans were not quite done, which is what I wanted. I then put the mushrooms and about 3/4 of the cooked meat in, and set it in slow cooker/high, tasted for seasonings, and added about 1 1/2 tb of that salsa negra, which made it just right. I let it cook a little more than an hour, while cleaning up everything (!), then I mixed in about 3 tb of masa harina, to thicken, and flavor it, and let it cook another 20 minutes. Served with a little cheese, and some toasted corn tortillas. Absolute heaven!
3 guajillos, 10 moritas, and 10 cloves of garlic, cooling after toasting in a skillet. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Charred chiles, ready to put the lid on, to steam the skin off. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

All of the peeled chiles and garlic, plus the dry chiles and a little over 20 oz of fresh tomatoes, ready to blend smooth in VM. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

1 1/2 lbs cooked creminis, plus 2 lbs venison chorizo and 1 lb pork chorizo, cooked together. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Nameless Mexican dish, with the pinto and black beans pressure cooked in the sauce, then the mushrooms and 2/3 of the meat added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

This 1 1/2 tb or so of the salsa negra added just the right amount of flavor to the dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

About 3 tb masa harina, mixed with some of the liquid, ready to mix back in, and thicken it... almost done! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished no-name Mexican dish, ready to eat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom