Looking for recipe that uses walnuts ;^)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Not really, that's why I put this here, but if there's one part of yard work I hate, it's the 2 yr cycle from my black walnut tree. They don't break up with your mower, getting shot out like fastballs, and are a real ankle twister if you let them lay, so that leaves one option....
This was load 1. There was a load 2 and from the looks of the ones still on the tree, probably a 3 and 4 :(

Attachments

• bucket of nuts.jpg
    bucket of nuts.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 194
I love walnuts!!! Send some to me!!! I'll pay the shipping!!! I don't have any ideas except to put them in brownies... and that would not even make a dent in that pile you got there! I just like eating them raw or slightly toasted.

wow, pacs!
nuthorns, nutroll. i'll send you recipes if you're interested. they're delicious. my Grandma's recipe.
sit a basket out with a blend at Christmas, tradion fer us.
make baskets to give away at Christmas.

I'm # 3 in line here. Don't forget. I never knew what they looked like before, other than the hard shell you see in the store. That's for the pic, pacanis.

I like the variety that come in the clear packages and don't turn your hands all black, so I'm sending them to Canada, via 16 mile creek and Lake Erie :LOL:

Sounds like you've made a sale Pacanis...or two...or three...or four... :LOL:

Try black walnut cake with a lovely seven minute frosting. My MIL used to make this with nuts from her trees.

can't really help as i don't care for them. some years ago used to make sugared walnuts for guests. i made in micro wave. i sure you could find a recipe for them. have no clue where mine is. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom