"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Master Chef

Lost 2 Legends: One famous, one not so famous!

We lost two legends this week, John Forsythe passed away at the age of 92 after a year long battle with cancer. Best known for his early comedy series Bachelor Father. He later became famous for his roll of Blake Carrington on the drama series "Dynasty" and as the much loved voice of Charlie on "Charlie's Angels."

Also not so famous, but oh what stories he could tell, Eugene Allen past away at the age of 90. Mr. Allen served as a butler for 8 U.S. Presidents and although he retired in 1986 after 34 years, he recieved a VIP invitation to Obama's swearing-in. Mr. Allen was married to his wife Helene for 65 years, she past away on the eve of Obama's election in 2008. He served presidents from Harry Truman to Ronald Reagan. He never missed a day of work.