"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

So right Kate. First we get Cat, then are blessed with Mama Cat. I love watching the dynamics of mother and child. The love comes straight across the miles of ocean and right through your screens. What two delightful people to know. We are the fortunate one.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Proud American

Oh but computers are so very easy, Katie! They run on the binary functions and the algorithms plus the xhtml codes. If there is an error, you will just put it to Google to find the solution.

Computers are both dumb and also fast. Instead of making 4 X 2 = 8, the computer does it with 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8. But it does this very fast!

With love,
~Cat

Old 10-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So right Kate. First we get Cat, then are blessed with Mama Cat. I love watching the dynamics of mother and child. The love comes straight across the miles of ocean and right through your screens. What two delightful people to know. We are the fortunate one.
Oh Addie I thank you! Mamma is the most wonderful woman! She does love me, and I love her so much. I am so happy you think of us as this!

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Oh but computers are so very easy, Katie! They run on the binary functions and the algorithms plus the xhtml codes. If there is an error, you will just put it to Google to find the solution.

Computers are both dumb and also fast. Instead of making 4 X 2 = 8, the computer does it with 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8. But it does this very fast!

With love,
~Cat
I am sure this is helpful to someone, but not us.

What the hell did she say?

I give up!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Addie, those are beautiful words. Thank you! We do have a good time. I threaten her, she laughs at me, and the computer gets repaired.

I had no idea we were dysfunctional.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
I am sure this is helpful to someone, but not us.

What the hell did she say?

I give up!

Yes .. I read that and my reaction was

Glad I am not alone on that one !!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

You aren't alone. This happens often with her. She's very good at mathematics and computer science, and it often baffles us.

One time her Papa's computer would not turn on. He called her to his study. She looked at the computer, crawled underneath it, and pushed the "On" button on the powerstrip.

Kittens like to play behind the desk, and apparently one had stepped on the "Off" switch. She told her Papa, "Things that require electricity usually work better when there is power to them."

Who knew?
Old 10-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Addie, those are beautiful words. Thank you! We do have a good time. I threaten her, she laughs at me, and the computer gets repaired.

I had no idea we were dysfunctional.
Join the rest of us here. I certainly know I am. If it weren't for spell check, most of us can't even spell dysfunctional.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #19
Proud American

Quote:
You aren't alone. This happens often with her. She's very good at mathematics and computer science, and it often baffles us.

One time her Papa's computer would not turn on. He called her to his study. She looked at the computer, crawled underneath it, and pushed the "On" button on the powerstrip.

Kittens like to play behind the desk, and apparently one had stepped on the "Off" switch. She told her Papa, "Things that require electricity usually work better when there is power to them."

Who knew?
Errrrrmmmm, Mamma, it was true. If the computer is not turning on and there are four kittens in our house, it is the most logical to do this step first.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

I "think" (and that is the operative word here) I understood the 2+2+2.... When it comes to math, my mind is blank. When they do an autopsy on my brain, they are going to find a big hole where the math stuff is supposed to be stored.