McDonald's fries getting a makeover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want the fries like they were when I was a kid! If one is going to eat McDonald's anything, or anything fast food, then they aren't really thinking "healthy" anyway. We used to think of it as a treat. :(

I think it's really sad that "people in charge" of various restaurants believe that grown people have the inability to just not eat too much.

jkath said:
I think it's really sad that "people in charge" of various restaurants believe that grown people have the inability to just not eat too much.

It is sad, but it is the case. Moderation is a difficult word for many (including myself sometimes) to implement in eating habits. Then again, it is not necessarily only that causing the problem. I think in general, Americans are getting more and more lazy/inactive. Even for simple stupid stuff of yester-year, like changing the channel on the television. Now, I'm not saying you were getting a ton of exercise back when there weren't remote controls, but you were at least moving, even if barely. If that little task is too hard to do, heaven forbid ever having to walk, jog, run, lift, or some more strenuous activity.

Like I said, I'm point the finger at myself as much as anyone else. I look at my youth, when I was rarely in front of the television and constantly outside, in all weather short rain! Granted the temps didn't get as low in MA as they do here in MN. I can speak from experience it is hard to break these habits. Though it doesn't seem like much, changes like these being made can only help. Maybe barely help, but many need every little bit they can get.

Back
Top Bottom