"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Mixed up days

Does anyone else have a problem keeping up with the days during the holidays? I seem to lose track of what day of the week it is and it seems that this year has been worse than usual. I don't know if I'm getting senile or that the holidays have been different than usual. Our son was coming home for his birthday (which is today) and got sick and couldn't come. Fortunately he was able to get an appointment with the doctor this afternoon so he can get on the right track, but we will certainly miss having him here.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Yep, I'm all messed up!! After this weekend it will all be back to normal, though!

Hope your son feels better.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Master Chef

No, my days are straight.
The only thing that messes me up with my body clock is several days following the Daylight Savings switch.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Yes it is a problem for me as well. Days off at work for the Holidays are on weekdays. I spent all day last Friday thinking it was Saturday. Not complaining now, but my 58 year old mind gets set in its ways.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

I have been getting the days mixed up for decades. Days off around the holidays contribute and the big festive meal and celebration makes the day of the holiday feel like a Sunday.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:30 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Holidays always mess up my perception of what day of the week it is.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
Traveling Welcome Wagon

My days are thrown off because James is home for 2 weeks (he goes back the 4th). Don't take that wrong--I love having him here! But it always feels like the weekend, and I keep thinking, a lot of nights, that we have church in the morning!

Barbara
Old 01-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
Senior Cook

I'm a list person and at the top of the list is the day of the week. I get confused around the holidays too but the worst was when my DH retired and was home every day. It was as if I was living in constant weekends! The worst thing was when to run the vacuum. That was always done when he was at work. I went three weeks without cleaning the floor!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmeow View Post
I'm a list person and at the top of the list is the day of the week. I get confused around the holidays too but the worst was when my DH retired and was home every day. It was as if I was living in constant weekends! The worst thing was when to run the vacuum. That was always done when he was at work. I went three weeks without cleaning the floor!

Now that he's retired he should take over some of the household chores. Vacuuming is one thing I always preferred for my ex to do because he could put more pressure on than I could and did a better job. LOL

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Now that he's retired he should take over some of the household chores. Vacuuming is one thing I always preferred for my ex to do because he could put more pressure on than I could and did a better job. LOL
I only wish! Unfortunately in his mind there is woman's work and man's work and the two shall never cross(unless he needs MY help). I cringe to think of how my house would look if I weren't here. LOL