Mixed up days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
Does anyone else have a problem keeping up with the days during the holidays? I seem to lose track of what day of the week it is and it seems that this year has been worse than usual. I don't know if I'm getting senile or that the holidays have been different than usual. Our son was coming home for his birthday (which is today) and got sick and couldn't come. Fortunately he was able to get an appointment with the doctor this afternoon so he can get on the right track, but we will certainly miss having him here.

Yep, I'm all messed up!! After this weekend it will all be back to normal, though!:)

Hope your son feels better.

Yes it is a problem for me as well. Days off at work for the Holidays are on weekdays. I spent all day last Friday thinking it was Saturday. Not complaining now, but my 58 year old mind gets set in its ways.:chef:

I have been getting the days mixed up for decades. Days off around the holidays contribute and the big festive meal and celebration makes the day of the holiday feel like a Sunday.

My days are thrown off because James is home for 2 weeks (he goes back the 4th). Don't take that wrong--I love having him here! But it always feels like the weekend, and I keep thinking, a lot of nights, that we have church in the morning!

:)Barbara

I'm a list person and at the top of the list is the day of the week. I get confused around the holidays too but the worst was when my DH retired and was home every day. It was as if I was living in constant weekends! The worst thing was when to run the vacuum. That was always done when he was at work. I went three weeks without cleaning the floor!

I'm a list person and at the top of the list is the day of the week. I get confused around the holidays too but the worst was when my DH retired and was home every day. It was as if I was living in constant weekends! The worst thing was when to run the vacuum. That was always done when he was at work. I went three weeks without cleaning the floor!

Now that he's retired he should take over some of the household chores. Vacuuming is one thing I always preferred for my ex to do because he could put more pressure on than I could and did a better job. LOL

Now that he's retired he should take over some of the household chores. Vacuuming is one thing I always preferred for my ex to do because he could put more pressure on than I could and did a better job. LOL

I only wish! Unfortunately in his mind there is woman's work and man's work and the two shall never cross(unless he needs MY help). I cringe to think of how my house would look if I weren't here. LOL

I'm hoping that I will be able to keep my days straight now. We had two services at church so since we went to the early service, we made breakfast when we got home.

Silentmeow, my dh used to think womens' work was the house and outside was the man's. He now does all the vacuuming and sometimes he even dusts. He doesn't cook much (eggs being about the only thing) but he helps me in the kitchen and he cleans up after the meal. He has been retired for several years and it took quite a while to see that inside consisted of more work than cutting the grass.

Back
Top Bottom